TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a black 96 Thunderbird w/ 165k miles?

Hub swapped with black 96 cobra wheels
PBR front brakes, rear caliper adapters to run cobra rear brakes
black velvet SC seats
02 GT MAF and SCT xcal tuner
newer headlights (not hazed) and clear corners

no radio/speakers
rust on driverside fender (can see in pics, infront of side mirror) and rocker starting to rust
needs updated tune to pass emissons...dont feel like dealing with it

$1500

text me @ 224-800-3332 if interested.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hey Jim,

Haven't seen you around much so I hope things are going well. I hope you are still keeping your other car.

Please tell me more about the SS exhaust, I might be interested.

Good luck with selling the car. It looks to be a good car for the price but my wife would kill me if I bought another one right now.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bryan,

I am well. Went through some health issues and also got pulled into the Mustang world. You can see my Mustang in the one photo. Its a GT/CS that is cammed and has an intercooled vortech Si set up (488/395 to the tires). I am kinda getting burned out with cars and just bought an old 94 ranger that I want to build into a long travel truck(aka pre-runner/Raptor killer...lol). The other tbird is pretty much parted out and ready for the junkyard, so once this car goes ill be out of the MN12 game. Wish I could keep the car but with 2 mustangs, a ranger, a bronco and a company vehicle im running out of room! haha

The exhaust is the system that came off of Todd's red bird. Has a mid mounted muffler and I had it reworked to add V-bands to all of the exhaust joints but they were kinda low quality pieces so I had to apply RTV to the flanges to prevent exhaust leaks. Overall it is a great set-up though.

How have you been and how many birds do you have now?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hey Bryan,

I am well. Went through some health issues and also got pulled into the Mustang world. You can see my Mustang in the one photo. Its a GT/CS that is cammed and has an intercooled vortech Si set up (488/395 to the tires). I am kinda getting burned out with cars and just bought an old 94 ranger that I want to build into a long travel truck(aka pre-runner/Raptor killer...lol). The other tbird is pretty much parted out and ready for the junkyard, so once this car goes ill be out of the MN12 game. Wish I could keep the car but with 2 mustangs, a ranger, a bronco and a company vehicle im running out of room! haha

The exhaust is the system that came off of Todd's red bird. Has a mid mounted muffler and I had it reworked to add V-bands to all of the exhaust joints but they were kinda low quality pieces so I had to apply RTV to the flanges to prevent exhaust leaks. Overall it is a great set-up though.

How have you been and how many birds do you have now?
Well I hope you have gotten the health issues behind you. I remember when you drive the GT/CS back from California without having much previous experience with a manual. it's unfortunate to hear you are getting out of these cars but I have come close myself a couple times. I keep getting sucked back in though, there is the white 97 Bird project and blue 97 Cougar driver in my possession currently.

Having kids takes up a lot of the free time but I am hoping to dedicate a couple weeks soon to get the bird back together. It's been apart for a couple years now and I spent the free time I did have parting out a couple others.

I didn't realize that the exhaust ever came off of Todd's old car. That's the setup I was going to build for my car but this would make things easier. I will text you, so we can work things out.

-Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts