TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a 96 XR7 and was just wondering what suspension it had stock. I've had both a 91 and 92 TBird Sport and still have a 89 XR7 and know those all had the SC springs and sway bars but I think the later XR7s just had the regular LX kit. I have a pair of NIB 96 Sport fronts and NIB KYB GR2 rears sittin' around that I would throw in and could easily pick up some SC springs if the stockers are LX. I don't want to lower it as I'll use it through the northern winter. Haven't seen the car in person yet so I don't know the spring code.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
Depends on if it had the Sport or the stock suspension, of course. And the actual springs may depend on which motor it had for stock.

Yah, after 1993 or so "XR7" meant nothing - ALL Cougars were XR7s by decree, even if they had nothing of the XR7 bloodline in them *sads*

RwP

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Check the spring code on the door tag. If it is JJJJ, then it has the sport springs, which are the same as the SC springs.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
Ralph, I see you have the 91 XR7. 5.0 and all the SC goodies. I'd love one of those.

Tom
Some of the SC "goodies" have been removed - like the ABS and the ARC shocks. I've also upgraded the audio to JBL with a new subwoofer in the enclosure.

Look around and I bet you can find most of them ... seats are sometimes findable in the boneyards, the audio can be redone if you wish, etc.

RwP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts