TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 3.8L Thunderbird mint as can be. 1995 4.6L that’s a certified donor
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 lx with a 3.8 that’s super mint which is absolutely slow. here recently I got my hands on a 95 lx with a 4.6 which is ratty looking all the interior is trashed so the goal is to pull the engine, trans, wiring harness and computers, drive shaft, rear end, linkages for throttle and shifter, all of those goodies I just wanna if anyone has attempted this and if they have what track stopping hiccups have y’all ran into and what to expect from this project I do plan on rebuilding the motor and trans and anything else that may need attention I’d really like for it to run like new oem

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,955 Posts
The EEC harness will need to be modified where it plugs into the dash harness, as the dash harness won’t swap over since the firewall connector passthrough is different.

the 95 engine and trans aren’t near as good as an actual 97 engine/trans, You could probably scrap the 95 alltogether and use the salvage value to buy/trade for a later model PI 4.6 and later model 4R70w out of a Panther to swap in instead

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I would sell the V6 car and buy a V8 car versus swapping a used, worn out V8 + used, worn out everything else in. Unless you really just like to work on cars.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts