TCCoA Forums banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
The trim pieces that go along both sides of the roof and separate the roof from the quarter panels and the tops of the doors. Those pieces will be body colored, and then there are also 2 black pieces that go up the A pillar and across the top of the windshield.
I'll do some poking around tomorrow. I'm thinking the shipping is going to make this a non starter. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
There was a site linked from one of the big threads on one of the Mustang forums that listed them I’ve been trying to find. IIRC the stock T bar size is .218
That would be great if you were able to find that. I would like some definitive answers.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
I pulled the spool valve out of the rack that came in the 94. The rack was a rebuild it was painted black and the housing had been sleeved. The t-bar in this was a .230" also. One big addition on the newer racks is a third bearing on the spool valve just below the valving. The earlier racks only have one at each end.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,334 Posts
How are you measuring the t-bar? Are you disassembling the spool valve assembly to access it or are you measuring it from an external point? I never dug that deep into one, and had been under the impression the T-bar necks down to a sort of hour glass shape towards the pinion connection with the thinnest part determining the stiffness 🤷‍♂️

Here’s one of the sites I found in my Firefox bookmarks, it doesn’t mention the other Tbars but this actually does suggest the Mach 1 and Cobra do share the .230 t- bar

·
Super Moderator
18,334 Posts
Well that’s interesting, I didn’t actually find the engine off stiffness of the rack to feel that different, so maybe MN12s actually used the .230 bar to begin with while the Fox and lesser SN95s used the smaller diameter. Valving must be it for the ZM. I wish I hadn’t scrapped my original 94 rack, I’m dying to crack it open and measure it.

Here’s another link I found

Using the same valving code as the '00 Cobra R rack but carrying a different Ford part number are the '99-'01 and '03-'04 Mustang Cobra racks. Maximum isn't sure if the valving is precisely the same as the Cobra R racks, but it's close. Definitely a desirable steering rack assembly.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
And the bars neck down at each end about .5" from the ends.

·
Super Moderator
18,334 Posts
Think that colder white you chose makes the maroon color of those emblems pop even more, I can’t wait to see it, my 94 is going to look so junky by it!

Random thought from the rack subject, if MN12 T bars are .230 I wonder if Fox Mustang guys will start grabbing up our racks if they find this thread lol

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I agree on the white it does look better. Who knew we're sitting on a goldmine of t-bars lol

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
An odd thing I discovered on my parts 97 30th is that it was built in Sept of 97. I thought all the Toreador Red cars were built early on?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Got my seam covers painted and installed. Was going to put the fuel door on also but I'm going to have to sand and reshoot (I stuck my finger in the white when painting and it shows after buffing) got the door hinges and the brackets that bolt on the core support and 1 hood hinge painted(thought I had both the day I painted, I didn't:mad:)

20201212_165116.jpg

20201212_165108.jpg

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
So I started playing with the side mirrors tonight. I wanted to put the Mark VIII mirrors on. It wasn't going to be as easy as drilling 3 new holes to mount the mirror. The holes come up in bad spots on the door. I ended up using the Mark housing and glass, the Cougar guts and of course the trim piece. First I had to drill holes for the MN guts to fit in the Mark housing.
20201215_174618.jpg

Then I had to modify the MN trim piece to fit the Mark housing and sit flat.

20201215_174637.jpg

Then it all bolts together and worked out very well.

20201215_175049.jpg

20201215_175054.jpg

20201215_175116.jpg

I still need to drill the 2 mounting holes on the underside but I now have a bolt up Mark VIII mirror :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Silly question.

What's the advantage of the Mark VIII mirrors?

RwP

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
I want to hook up the autodim on the drivers mirror. They also look better, they don't have the ridge on the housing.

I could hook up the heat also but since it doesn't get driven in the winter it's not much of an issue.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Ah! That auto-dim would be nice!

(Heat isn't a bad idea here; I drive my vehicles 365 days a year it seems like.)

RwP

201 - 220 of 239 Posts