TCCoA Forums banner
621 - 640 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,589 Posts
While I still call it cheating😉, it looks like one of the nicer access panels since it incorporates the seat latch.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
While I still call it cheating😉, it looks like one of the nicer access panels since it incorporates the seat latch.
Thanks, I think🤔 it was actually easier to do this way rather than fight around it and it came out looking much better even though no one will ever see it.

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
174 Posts
Can't wait to see your car at the Carlisle show!

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
You wanna make and send me two panels like that?

Also you still had to drop the tank to make the cuts right?
Making one for someone else would be an issue since it was custom fit. No the tank was in the car. I went to start it after the rebuild and the new pump wasn't pumping so needless to say I wasn't very happy at that point so I said screw it I'm cutting a hole and will worry about patching it up later.

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
Another piece of the puzzle.

And of course to keep me from feeling too good the window drive on the driver side crapped out today. I ordered two of the gear sets and am going to replace both. If I had thought about it I would have replaced them when I put the doors together since I'm sure they were the originals in the 94 units.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #636 ·
I like having a nice stereo but I had 2 perquisites on this car. 1 don't permanently take up any trunk space and 2 since I have the fold down rear seats, don't permanently block any of the feed through space. I think I accomplished this quite well. I mounted the amp to the underside of the rear deck and I'm using a Memphis Audio sub enclosure. I have access to all the adjustments on the amp without removing it (the speakers and power hook up on the other end) and I'll have two crossing quick release straps on the front of the sub box to hold it in. If and when I need the trunk space I just need to disconnect the two straps and unplug the sub and remove it.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #638 ·
I did change the window drives yesterday. it was a good thing I got both, the pass side was about 1 or 2 more uses of the window away from failing also. The Standard brand neutral safety switch I put in is failing so I ordered a Ford piece and will have to replace that also:mad:

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Another piece of the "fuzzy cocoon " is actually installed in the car. View attachment 48820

I didn't think to get a pic but I installed Infinity Kappa 683XF's in the doors. I'll be installing those in the rear side panels also.
How do those Kappas compare to the 86CFX? Just asking because that's what I put in my 93.

621 - 640 of 674 Posts