TCCoA Forums banner
641 - 660 of 674 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Looks great! Was it difficult to mask the black section for the adhesive?
No, not as bad as I thought it might be. Just let the glue/flocking dry overnight and ran a razor blade around in the little crease at the step (also did that to trim the tape) and it peeled right off.

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
Went to the junkyard today to find a spare. And came across this.

It's from a 14 Taurus which is one of the models the 500 spare crossed to. It weighs a little less than the steel 500 spare I did find. It's not really a big enough difference to worry about for this car but I thought it was cool. I know I'm kinda lame 🤪

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,490 Posts
Went to the junkyard today to find a spare. And came across this.

View attachment 48870

It's from a 14 Taurus which is one of the models the 500 spare crossed to. It weighs a little less than the steel 500 spare I did find. It's not really a big enough difference to worry about for this car but I thought it was cool. I know I'm kinda lame 🤪
damn looks like I’ll be upgrading too lol

You see any MN12s there?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
Spent the weekend trying to get the stereo done.

Then I did something completely stupid and flaked out and hooked the power and ground up backwards on my never used amp and fried it :mad::sick::eek::poop:o_O. Fortunately I found a guy that has the exact same amp I'm picking up tomorrow so Carlisle is still a go.

Got more of the dash together.

I really like how this turned out. We'll se how it holds up 🤞

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 ·
When trying to figure out how I was going to run my power wire for the amp I discovered this.

They go through the floor right at the back of the front subframe. They're covered up by the factory sound deadener pads. mine were still sealed up but I could see possible water intrusion if the pad came loose. I ended up running my battery cable inside the subframe and brought it up through the floor here and then sealed it all up. It looks like the factory floor plugs in the rear footwells were letting water in. The carpet was wet just in the area of the plugs so i sealed those up and hopefully won't have anymore water leaks in the body.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #652 ·
The rail is open ended right behind these. It's not a direct shot but after the problems with the last body I worry about everything I see like this.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,589 Posts
That area with those holes was/is most rust free part of my floors 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
After replacing the new pinion seal that was leaking today I'm packing the car and heading out early tomorrow for Carlisle.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 ·
Forgot to mention also the neutral safety switch was fine. The new delco Remy Gold starter took a dump(bad solenoid)

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
9,200 Posts
That sucks! Can a glass shop fix it up for you?

Joe

641 - 660 of 674 Posts