TCCoA Forums banner
701 - 720 of 722 Posts

· Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #710 ·
Blasphemy lol
I kind of agree but no repros for the cat and the only halfway decent ones I have are black from a 70. I don't want black in a convert. I like these, they fit with zero modifications and I'm going to get some burlwood to match the dash to put on the insert and I have some left and right walking cat emblems to use in place of the running horse.

· Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #712 ·
Funny thing is I thought about putting the Mustang upper dash in ( the lowers are the same) because of course you can get Mustang dash pads but I really like the Cougar dash better. I've got a pad I can use for now.

· Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #717 ·
I realized I don't have any pics of the 69 and I've owned for 20 years o_O

This is where it's at at the moment. When I bought it it was driving car (I drove it home) the int had green leather (all bad of course) with the white door panels (they're trash). The wheels and tires are new. I had custom 15"x10"s made for the rear. I have 265/50/15's on them at the moment. I sprayed cosmolene on the wheels to keep them from rusting. The engine is the M code 4bbl 351w, it runs great doesn't smoke or make any noise. I have a performer rpm intake I'm going to put on with an Edelbrock avs2 carb. I'm also thinking about putting some aluminum heads and headers on it.

I took the dash out years ago to put the tilt away column and the clutch pedal. More to come.

· Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,912 Posts
I was beginning to wonder if this car really existed 😆

It’s a lot cleaner than I expected, @jk69cat has a 69 coupe which was clean and original when he got it but even it had dents here and there. I like those wheels, I think those were what the FR500 emulated, yours with a deep dish even more so! Was the original exterior color green too?

· Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,912 Posts
Yes it was the darker metallic green, which I don't care for. It does have some very minor rust in a few spots(nothing structural)
Yeah I don’t think I’d like that color on it either. As much as I love those early Cougars the factory color palettes kind of sucked, lots of formal metallics more fitting to a Lincoln Continental than a sporty ponycar. My friends was cream white(not Wimbledon off-white, I mean cream), and I know how you feel about yellowish whites lol

701 - 720 of 722 Posts