TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any parts that fit 97 thunderbirds that 97 mustangs have like tbs or anything else that would be useful performance wise?

·
Registered
921 Posts
if I'm not mistaken, the only difference is the oil pan and maybe if they are windsor or not. I think(please allow someone to confirm this) that all of the other parts will bolt on(save for the exhaust manifolds). If you really want performance stuff off a mustang, you need to get a 99+ GT. They have better heads better intake etc.

·
Registered
654 Posts
mylittleblackbird said:
if I'm not mistaken, the only difference is the oil pan and maybe if they are windsor or not. I think(please allow someone to confirm this) that all of the other parts will bolt on(save for the exhaust manifolds). If you really want performance stuff off a mustang, you need to get a 99+ GT. They have better heads better intake etc.

CONFIRMED :tongue:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Probably not, but I haven't heard of someone trying it. The problem is the chassis are different, the mustang has alot more room.

There isn't much from a 97 mustang that you'd want for performance, they are the same engine, and transmission (auto). About the only differences are that the stang has a slightly higher stall TC (not worth the trouble), it uses a hydroboost system for the brakes via the PS pump, and the oil pan is different as metioned earlier.

The good news is that we can use the same engine performance parts as stangs, with the exception of oil pans, and headers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh okay thanks so we can use a performance TB form a mustang and it would fit? Like the ones they sell at mac performance?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
veyito_169 said:
oh okay thanks so we can use a performance TB form a mustang and it would fit? Like the ones they sell at mac performance?

GreenBird said:
The good news is that we can use the same engine performance parts as stangs, with the exception of oil pans, and headers.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
guitar maestro, it would have ben easier to just say yes than to quote stuff that was already posted. no wonder why newbies are intimidated when it comes to posting tech questions. :rolleyes:

veyito_169, throttle body's for mustangs will work on a 97 bird.

Frank

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
well.. that's cuz it is questionable whether or not a mac TB is really considered a "performance" part...

:D

underdrive pullies, throttle bodies, intake plenums (uppers), spark plug wires, camshafts, torque converters (may need flexplate), etc etc...

things that won't bolt up... suspension parts (all except rear diff from 99-01 cobra, and rear shocks from 03 cobra--with bolt mod), headers, exhaust, etc

if it is motor specific, you can almost bet the bank it will fit.. if it is chassis specific.. then you'd better not

most of the supercharger kits will fit w/ some creative modification.. none of the turbo kits are direct fit because of the "room" issue

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would think with fitting a mustang turbo u'd just have to bend your own piping for the most part, maybe im wrong but that's what it seems like.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Will the intake manifolds from a mustang fit? I was told that they are different for all cars; i.e., Crown Vic, Mustang, T-Bird, are all different and have to be car-specific. Is that true?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the lowers are identical

the CV/GM put intake to driver side (ours are on pass side)

the mustangs are like ours, BUT, ours have a top vacuum port for our brake booster line

easily re-routed though :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts