TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

97 4.6 for sale Eastern IOWA

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  terraplane8 
#1 ·
Folks,

It is time for my bird and I to part company. It has been my fair-weather daily driver for the better part of 20 years, but I need to move on. It has been parked since last fall, as the driver's side door latch is worn out (body shop diagnosis), and I do not have the time, facilities, or energy to dink with it. No new latches are available, and anything used, is well, used...
It was a great daily driver, 27 mpg on the highway, makes the right V-8 noises, but it is showing all of the signs of a car with 289k miles on it. My commute is about 100 miles each way. Paint is faded, got a few squeaks and groans in the suspension, sunroof died 10 years ago, driver's seat is shot. Branded/total title from left rear quarter replacement back in 2011. Pacific green, light grey leather interior. Brand-new set of OEM door hinges in the passenger side, put some new shocks on the back last summer. Routine repairs to keep it running, like the alternator, starter, fuel pump, window motors, stereo work, and oil changes every 3,000 miles. Mobil 1 since I bought it in 1999, but no major work. Got a Dorman intake in 2011. Current transmission went in it in 2010, it's an 03 Grand Marquis takeout from LKQ, no internal mods, but the wiring harness changes to make it work and a Marauder converter/flexplate. Dynomax kit has been on it for three years. Some minor go-fast goodies listed in my signature. 3.27 non TL rear end. I kept the original airbox and MAF, but it still has the '02 Mustang MAF and airbox on it, with the Blue Oval Chips/SCT tuner that makes it work.
I'm not calling it a driver because the door just won't stay completely latched, but I'd hate to see it get crushed for something so simple, too. Selling it as a complete car. About the only way I'd consider parting it would be the SC wheels with a replacement set swapped on, and maybe the Kenny Brown strut tower bar by itself. Has to remain a roller that can at minimum be trailered. The picture is about 15 years old, but the only that has changed externally is t paint has faded, and I took the tint off the windows (thanks, Iowa).

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, I had a bit of brain fade the night I posted it...

$1000

#5 ·
Car got sold two weeks ago. First time without a Ford in the driveway since 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.