TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i know everyone wants to get the 97 front end, but i want to get rid of my side cladding and put on 95 front and rear bumpers. if I understand correctly my 96+ headlights and header panel will work? So all I need is a 95 hood and front bumper w/ the plastic honeycomb right? And for the rear, its just a direct bolt on right?

Has anyone actually did this before? I dont want to see like the oddball here, but before i bought my car I didnt know what other thunderbvirds looked like, and I hate the "fatness" that surrounds my car(Side cladding) Just wondering it it will look exactly like a 94/95 minus the one small piece of trim on the outside?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
If you pull the cladding, you're going to have a lot of holes to fill in, just as Sir William. As for the swap, really the only parts you need are the front bumper and its inners, and the rear bumper. Most people agree the 97 lights look better than the 95 lights.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AverageJoe said:
If you pull the cladding, you're going to have a lot of holes to fill in, just as Sir William. As for the swap, really the only parts you need are the front bumper and its inners, and the rear bumper. Most people agree the 97 lights look better than the 95 lights.

I know what the 70 some odd holes are under there...lol its gonna be a pain to fill in. Dont get me wrong, I like the look of the 96+ headlights, I just want the front/rear bumpers so that my car dosent have the grooves in the bumpers that go w/ the side cladding, and i dont like the way SW's bumpers look filled in...to "bubbly" I guess is the right word for it.

So do the headlights line up right with the front bumper?

·
Registered
811 Posts
You will need the honey comb for the front, the foam for the rear and exterior bumbers. The lights fit really good with the 94-5 front end, I did it the other way and you have it easy. Your hood and everything else is good to go as is. Good luck with the side thingies. :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RAYBROADWAY said:
You will need the honey comb for the front, the foam for the rear and exterior bumbers. The lights fit really good with the 94-5 front end, I did it the other way and you have it easy. Your hood and everything else is good to go as is. Good luck with the side thingies. :D

wont the hood have a large gap?

and thanks...lol I'm gonna need it. Now...if i can only find the parts local...hmmm

·
Registered
811 Posts
Birdman232 said:
wont the hood have a large gap?

and thanks...lol I'm gonna need it. Now...if i can only find the parts local...hmmm
If you are keeping the 96-7 lights you will want to keep the 96-7 hood, that is where the gap is. The gap between the top of the bumber (above the tbird) and the hood is minimal, looks like it should have came that way. Good luck on the parts, planning a whole new paint job?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RAYBROADWAY said:
Good luck on the parts, planning a whole new paint job?
yes, eventaully. Still not sure on what color/style. Probably gold ole black, but thats far down the road. I can leave the car mis-matched for awhile, I have two birds, so its not like i have to worry about driving around w/ miscolored parts and such.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Your either not an oddball or we both are! I'm planning on taking the side cladding off as well and going with a 94-95 SC rear/front bumper and maybe side skirts if there not too much. I'd keep the 96-97 headlights and hood, more aggresive and I think it fits very well. I think we need an older header panel though don't we? The foam behind the rear bumper can easily be trimmed or removed to fit the SC bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts