TCCoA Forums banner

97/98 gen II Mark VIII is yards in Phx

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bangster 
#1 ·
Anyone see any 97/98 Mark VIIIs in their journeys to junk yards, mainly you pull it type places?

I am looking for a drivers side headlight, header panel, and a bumper (I feel I can fix the bumper, and want to try my hand at plastic welding, but might be best to just replace it).

I can't find any part of it in any yards in Tucson.

I have a few possible ways to get them from places other than eBay, and not ruling out eBay, but local for these type of parts (size wise) is best. I know I can get a bumper on the passenger seat (with it fully reclined) and header panel, but don't have much time on the weekends to scour the yards, and calling isn't getting me very far.

#3 ·
I called all the places that don't have their inventory on the interweb, and between all of them, I found 4~6 possible candidates. One place has pictures and a month ago the car had what I need...who knows now.

Ecology doesn't have their inventory online, I called and they have a 94 and a 96. I will call before heading up this Saturday, 5/24.

I figure if I can get a 97 Cougar bumper cover in the passenger seat of the Mark, then a MarkVIII one will fit also. It seems possibly smaller. Taking a walk around the car and listing everything that is wrong with it, and making a list for the yard trip, gonna be awhile, I hope I can find even half of what I want.

So it looks like a trip to Pull N Save, UPull & Pay, Ecology (looking for some other things for other cars, and a 17 inch spare), and a couple others I have written down. Weather should be nice, should be in the very low 90s. Batteries for the 1/4 hex drive impact are charged, tools are arranged and accounted for, flashlight is charged up, hydrating, everything!

#4 ·
A bit off-topic, but if you run across a gen 1, would you be willing to yank the little Lincoln badge from trunk lock cover for me? :)

#6 ·
Every single Gen I the badge on the trunk was jacked up, most of them it was missing.

#5 ·
There are plenty of first gens in the lots, I will see what I find (I don't already have one because the 93 I debadged was rear ended).

#7 ·
So I ended up going to www.upullandpay.com (has 2 97s) and www.arizonapullnsave.com.

From upullandpay I got:
bumper cover (repainted gold, but seems solid all mounting points but one for the grille in perfect condition)
header panel (repainted gold, had a nick in it, but for 20 bucks, I grabbed it, all mount points excellent, one is slightly cracked for the headlight mount, and is cracked under passenger headlight)
headlight (it isn't pretty, I hope it will clean up okay, one bulb mount is a little messed up, but the interior reflective material seems fine)
defroster grille (but it is brown, I need to find the darker gray to spray it)
cowl (mine is very messed up, and noisy on the highway)

from arizonapullnsave I got:
pearl header panel (in much better shape than the other one, couldn't pass it up)
trunk trim piece (mine has zero plastic stand offs, this one is missing a couple but will be much better than what I have)
zip tube (mine leaks a bunch at the connection to the throttle body)
ashtray (again, it is cream or tan, need to find what lighter gray is used, need to clean it up it has 2 inches of soda with nuts and bolts stuck in it)
a variety of the lights from the doors

Overall I spent 140 bucks, less than 100 on the parts to fix it from the accident, I think I am going to also try my hand at painting them, I want it to look good, and have 1900 left over from the insurance check to spend on it (which will include new tires).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.