TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched here, another Mark VIII forum, and Google with no luck.

I have removed the bumper cover and just need to remove the lower grill fasteners to remove grill from the bumper cover, but I cannot figure out what type of fastener or size it is. My eye sight is not great, but it felt like a small bolt but after trying 6 mm thru 11 mm I gave up. Please tell me what type of fastener it is.

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
It's been a while since I did it, but my memory is that the grill comes off with the bumper cover, and then I think it was just tabs that clip into slots in the bumper cover.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
There are 4 Phillips screws holding it in from the bottom. The two outer screws are accessible from the slits in the bumper opening. The center 2 will be difficult. You will probably need a Phillips attachment for a rachet and a short extension. Good luck getting your arm in there. And try not to strip the heads.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Bad place 4 use of phillips...

There are 4 Phillips screws holding it in from the bottom. The two outer screws are accessible from the slits in the bumper opening. The center 2 will be difficult. You will probably need a Phillips attachment for a rachet and a short extension. Good luck getting your arm in there. And try not to strip the heads.
I guess that's why a socket wouldn't fit. Thanks for the info. I am hoping I can get it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts