TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am scratching my head over this one. My 97 is blowing fuse #15 under the hood.
The fuse powers the CCRM. I have replaced the module and the blue box up in beside the glove box. Unplugged the fuel pump..still blows fuse. Unplugged fan.. still blows. Unplug air cond....same thing. No codes showing on ODB II. Any ideas?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am scratching my head over this one. My 97 is blowing fuse #15 under the hood.
The fuse powers the CCRM. I have replaced the module and the blue box up in beside the glove box. Unplugged the fuel pump..still blows fuse. Unplugged fan.. still blows. Unplug air cond....same thing. No codes showing on ODB II. Any ideas?
Disconnect the CCRM. Fuse still blows? Then you'll have to troubleshoot for possible short to ground in harness.

Mitch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update

Well I had it running for a couple months with not too many problems.
Have changed out the ccrm, the fuel pump, spark plugs, pulled out fuse panels and traced most every damn wire under the hood.
Sunday it quit again about 2 miles from home. Same thing... #15 fuse blowing as soon as the key is on.
Towed it home and unplugged all the possible wires one at a time...same thing.
Removed EEC and replugged while out...car starts and runs perfect.
Will EEC cause intermittent problems? It has happened on hot days while warm and now cold.
Does anyone have a diagram on exactly what is powerd by this circuit?
It has happened about 4 times now and when it does decide to run it is great.

·
5,650 Posts
There could be something wrong with the EEC but I haven't seen too many that cause the fuse to blow. Just so you know, that blue box by the glove box is the air bag diagnostic monitor so I don't know why you replaced that. It's not related to the issue you are having. You most likely have an issue with wiring somewhere. A power wire fed from the PCM is probably intermittently shorting to ground. I had an issue like that with my car where the #15 fuse kept blowing and it turned out to be a wire inside the trans that I pinched in between the case and the pan when I changed the filter. You should disconnect the engine harness and see if it blows, the disconnect the trans harnesses and see if it blows. Whatever causes it to stop blowing is the source of the problem. Tracing it down will suck though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts