TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for seat options for my 94 LX, and was wondering about 97 XR7 seats. They appear similar to SC seats, but a little more “luxurious” if thatis the right term.

they have to side bolsters i like and seem to have a higher back. Can anyone of the 96-97 XR7 verify this? Do these seats have lumbar support? Thatis really important!

They look like these:

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts
The passenger side does not.

If those are actual rocker switches on the driver's side panel towards the back, then it does; if those are fillers, no it doesn't.

RwP

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,705 Posts
Top are 97 30th anniversary seats, they are the same as 94-95 SC seats minus the embroidered logo

Bottom are standard Cougar seats. 96-97s do not have power lumbar but 94-95 seats do. None have adjustable bolsters like SC(and 89-91 XR7) seats

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top are 97 30th anniversary seats, they are the same as 94-95 SC seats minus the embroidered logo

Bottom are standard Cougar seats. 96-97s do not have power lumbar but 94-95 seats do. None have adjustable bolsters like SC(and 89-91 XR7) seats
Adjustable bolsters don’t matter to me, but the lumbar does becauseof my messed up back..

I guess the 30th anniversary seats are probably gonna be next to impossible to find?

·
Administrator
19,705 Posts
Adjustable bolsters don’t matter to me, but the lumbar does becauseof my messed up back..

I guess the 30th anniversary seats are probably gonna be next to impossible to find?
If you’re up to a project you can always find a pair of trashed 93-95 Cougar seats, and salvage the pump, wiring, lines, trim pieces and lumbar bladders and disassemble/reassemble your existing Tbird seats with them retrofitted in place, all the mounts and hook holes are pre-stamped into the frames.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you’re up to a project you can always find a pair of trashed 93-95 Cougar seats, and salvage the pump, wiring, lines, trim pieces and lumbar bladders and disassemble/reassemble your existing Tbird seats with them retrofitted in place, all the mounts and hook holes are pre-stamped into the frames.
Man, that is a ton of work.. I have these LX seats. They just offer no support and if you get into some spirited driving, you seek like you are gonna slide outta the chair.

·
Administrator
19,705 Posts
Man, that is a ton of work.. I have these LX seats. They just offer no support and if you get into some spirited driving, you seek like you are gonna slide outta the chair.
It’s been a minute since I’ve done it but you can get the bladder hooked in place by only unzipping the bottom of the seatback without removing the whole cover, you just kind of have to feel where the hooks go since you don’t have much room to look, and that’s the hard part, the pump lines and wiring is fairly simple to get in place.

I can say having had Cougar seats(like the bottom pic) SC seats(like the top pic) and been in many LXs the SC bolsters are the biggest difference, followed by the tilting headrests, the seatback height is exactly the same on all MN12 seats.

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
96 Posts

By the way, I just found 97 Cougar XR7 30th ann. full leather, tan seats in perfect condition rear and passenger, and minor cosmetics on the driver one. They are in Laval ( Kenny U Pull ) in the greater Montreal area. For 51 CA$ each,+18 CA$ each section for the rear ones, it is a very good deal, if you can go the distance... Americans are allowed to cross the border with passport and double vaccine proof. I can post pics if someone is interrested

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang, I wish I could get there, but is just way too far man. I do appreciate it! If I could get the seats for cheap and then have them shipped, but that shipping would be crazy expensive. 🙁

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Just want to help someone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
By the way, I just found 97 Cougar XR7 30th ann. full leather, tan seats in perfect condition rear and passenger, and minor cosmetics on the driver one. They are in Laval ( Kenny U Pull ) in the greater Montreal area. For 51 CA$ each,+18 CA$ each section for the rear ones, it is a very good deal, if you can go the distance... Americans are allowed to cross the border with passport and double vaccine proof. I can post pics if someone is interrested
Everything is gone now, except for quarter trim panels and brown dash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts