TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm almost scared to ask.. but what do you use to lotion the interior? Same stuff on everything, or different based on hard plastic, vinyl, etc.?
No need for you to be scared. Of course it's different cleaners, protectants, and conditioners for different materials. Check out Meguiar's or Mother's...they have a comprehensive line of products.

Did you think you're the only person who knows how to keep their exterior & interior in good shape?

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,419 Posts
Thanks, Gordon. I'm always wary & careful with the plastics, especially in the cold, since interior parts are damn-near unobtanium these days. Surprisingly, all the plastics & rubbers on mine, even under the hood, are in remarkably great condition, probably because she's been garaged her whole life. Even the dash is still soft & supple...but I lotion the interior every month or two to keep things from drying out. But I know one of these years, I'll have to replace bulbs in the cluster, so I'm collecting all these notes & info now to be better prepared.

A couple weeks ago, I replaced the driver's door striker bolt's cylindrical bushing after discovering it had split and was missing a chunk.
Well Neuro, You have one of the finest examples of an unmolested 97 Sport I've seen in person. But age takes it toll too. So you are being smart. Your girl will be just fine. But we are entering the time of year in Vegas to not pull the trim. Just a fact of life.

Reactions: NEURO

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well Neuro, You have one of the finest examples of an unmolested 97 Sport I've seen in person. But age takes it toll too. So you are being smart. Your girl will be just fine. But we are entering the time of year in Vegas to not pull the trim. Just a fact of life.
Oh, I know. Back in the 80-90's, I had a '74 Mark IV that had to be treated with kid gloves because the plastics & rubbers looked for any reason to crack or snap. Same with an '89 Bird that had to be parked uncovered outside for years...and the paint & interior plastics were destroyed by the weather here. With the Sport, her plastics & rubbers will eventually get fragile due to age, but I'm buying her a lot more years with proper care & feeding and keeping her garaged.

Damn, I miss seeing you on FB. I keep thinking you're still there, but you're not.

·
Registered
1997 SPORT Laser Red. Restored May of 2020.
182 Posts
Beware of buying used Bezels. They are all ready to crack due to age regardless of what sellers may say.

What we need is a 3D printer company to run a batch for us.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts