TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know what is needed to do the swap puting 97 t-bird headlights on 94 t-bird. do i have to get the front bumper cover? or is it just the headlights and the brackets? somebody know anything about that? ive already used the search function and that didnt give me anything.... so let me know please.

-Marc

·
Registered
811 Posts
8ate8 said:
now honestly, what were your search terms? there's got to be over a hundred threads talking about this.

http://forums.tccoa.com/search.php?searchid=225769
:zwthstpd: Don't get caught with your pants down here. :D

Man, I'm all for asking questions and getting some good answers if the topic has been "searched".......but be sure of a few things first, if you don't understand or couldn't get a straight answer. I know some of the threads are bunched up with a lot of :bs:. Don't be offended, I really hate the " :gotsearch " sh!t head responses that get posted around here.

I've done the swap, it is pretty straight forward.

Header panel, head lights, corners, hood latch release and hood. That is the minimum parts required. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
94onair How much is all of it going to cost?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
well i didn't swap hoods and I needed the latch. The 94/95 latch doesn't fit in the 96/97 header pannel. Its not long enough to fit in the slot made. Well at least it wasn't when I tried.

·
Registered
811 Posts
94ONAIR is correct man, you need the release lever for the 96-7 header pannel. It is longer..... :D

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Or you can just loosely zip-tie the old one to the header panel. Worked for me no problems at all.

-Joel

·
Registered
811 Posts
I am not 100% on this but, I think you will need everything listed above including the hood + front bumber cover and crap behind it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
that sounds rigth but im not 100% sure either. my next question would be: when switching from a 93 to a 94/95 style front end the hood must also be swapped, correct?

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
If you know the wiring for your stock headlights, I could really easily whip you up a schematic or wiring harness to make the swap plug n play

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Anybody else have any info on the headlight/hood/bumper/headlight wirning switch from a 97 to a 93?? you guys have me interested now i wish someone could come up with a list of parts and prices like the guy who posted earlier on this thread for the 94...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts