TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my 95 LX with 97 headlamps. It was not as easy as I thought it would be, and I am not happy with the fit of the facia around the skinny part of the headlamp. But overall, the installation was a success. I noticed that the pastic ring that keeps the headlamp bulb attached to the headlamp does not fit. I will have to order new ones.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Ehhh.. just my opinion, but it doesn't look right. Maybe you should look into a 97 hood? Those big spaces in there make it look too awkward.

·
Registered
249 Posts
97 clear corners too, the lights don't flow with the corners

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the hood gap, but a new hood isn't in the future at this point.

New corners are next, and I am going to see how the gap looks with black headlight covers. (daytime use only)

I just wanted better visibility at night.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Corners are a must.

They look okay besides the gap, but the corner lights from the old style really don't blend at all...

Everything will look great with some time, right :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
looks good to me, all you need is the clear corners. Was wondering if anyone converted a 95 cougar to a 96-97 front end? Has anyone ever tried to contact a headlight manufacture to see if they could make clear headlights for 95 and previous cougars and t-birds? I bet alot of us would be very interested and willing to pay more than the usual price for them to make them. It's a pain and very costly to change the whole front end of our cars just for the clear headlight look. I like the front end of my car just as much as the earlier ones , but it would look alot better with clear headlights.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some new pictures of my 95 LX with the new 97 corners.

Looks a lot better.........

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
When I get my drive train completed this Spring, and kinks worked out, I think I will update my Birds front. I think the 94/95 front, with the 96/97 headlights and hood are the best looking. Ill just have to get a 96/97 Cobra R hood for it. My banker may not like it, but it will happen :))

·
Registered
145 Posts
okcbird

How much did the whole conversion cost you...?

Moody Moodz

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
$300

but I also did other stuff at the same time, got that SS radiator overflow tank that you see behind passenger headlight, got the front mount windshield reseivor from later model 'Bird and rewired my electrical fan, so all in all I think I spent $400 at the time if you include all the stuff I did at the time when I had the cover / rubber off.

-J

·
Registered
145 Posts
Has anyone done the headlight and hood installation? and is there a picture out there of what it looks like on a 94 / 95 bird???

Moody Moodz

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Yes, the fit round the inner corner on the headlamps is a little tight but yes it will work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts