TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the member pages here, and I saw a picture of a 97 tbird with modified headlights. They had this black trim like stuff on the inside. They really looked neat. Then I hit the x on my window by mistake. I think the guys name was Lonny but he wasn't a memeber. It was picture of a meet. I want those headlights! Any info would be great!

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Johnny Vassilakos '96 4.6L Sport

I think it is a "masking kit" form like gto or something but I may be wrong. Hey Johhny you around????

Sure is a great looking bird!!!

Later,
jay

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Re: Johnny Vassilakos '96 4.6L Sport

Spidey2721 said:
I think it is a "masking kit" form like gto or something but I may be wrong. Hey Johhny you around????

http://www.tccoa.com/gallery/body/96BIRD8.jpg
Sure is a great looking bird!!!

Later,
jay
its actually painted on the inside of the lense, there was a thread about that on the old forums i think.

Seabass owns that car now, blown and all

:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, those are it... and they really look sweet! I searched the old forums for them but I couldn't find anything. :(

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
2 different cars

Your talking about 2 different cars there. The one above was JV's car and SeaBass owns it now. It's a 96 bird. This one here is mine and it's a 92 bird that I converted the lights over to 96/97. We split open the lights and painted the inside section of the lens, they are not kits or stickers.

Lonnie

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lonnie

How'd you get those headlights to fit, and look so well, w/o having to switch over to the 96-97 hood?

Looks nice w/ that Mach 1!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: Lonnie

About2beBAD said:
How'd you get those headlights to fit, and look so well, w/o having to switch over to the 96-97 hood?

Looks nice w/ that Mach 1!
He used the 96-97 headlight mount. He didn't have to use a 96 hood because his hood is custom. The hood is a cervini's. I bet he got them to leave extra material on the hood, and then cut it at a local shop so it would be just right.

Lonnie, did you use high temp paint?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you switch to the 97 headlights, and the hood, do you have to switch the bumper too?? And does the hood fit perfectly?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I painted my head lights on my 97 like the one shown. I masked off the lights & it took a while to do it right. I used black satin spray paint & it looks great, all for less than 2 bucks!

Cup

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Is it easy to split the headlight open? What did you use to reseal it...??

·
Registered
362 Posts
I did too on my white 97. Take them out, split them by removing clips, a slight sealent is in there but it should come apart and I masked all 1 hour to get her looking right and it still could have been better and painted sever times with gloss. then re-assemble. Might put small super glue or clear caulk to reseal and to make sure water stays out although I never had any probs. I also Have Clear corners and mine looked bare with the rest being blacked out so I masked my clear corners from the outside and painted the similar deviding lines/swoops and painted them black and then clear coated the whole lense several times and reinstalled. It looks complete now and very sexy. I will get pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts