TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's for sale in Kannapolis NC. I stopped in for parts at a NAPA store and it was in the parking lot. 97 looks like sports package loaded. The guy said it's a one elderly owner with 50k. Wants $3k. If I had not already bought the lincoln I would have considered this. This is the number for the store if anyone is interested. 704 933 2237

·
̇
3,702 Posts
What Anniversary would that be? :D

Just a heads up..If it's not your car for sale it belongs in the Miscellaneous section..

It is a nice looking car though..

Rayo..

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
Actually it's a Limited Edition! :)

Nice find, moved to Miscellaneous!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
I'd consider it but I'm not a fan of the '97 instrument cluster style.

I have to wonder about the one owner elderly old lady who only drove it to get groceries and church on Sunday.

I don't know of any old ladies that tint their windows like that ... :cool2: It does look super clean though.

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
I'd consider it but I'm not a fan of the '97 instrument cluster style.

I have to wonder about the one owner elderly old lady who only drove it to get groceries and church on Sunday.

I don't know of any old ladies that tint their windows like that ... :cool2: It does look super clean though.
Maybe she had cataracts?

·
Super Moderator
10,401 Posts
Those aren't the same wheels as my 97 LE; aren't those SC wheels?

I really want to swap both the locksets and the cluster to 96 versions; but I'll keep the cupholders, lol.

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
They're the Sport wheels, a lot of the LEs had the Sport package.

Joe

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Are all '97 LE's 4.6? Or, is it possible it has a 3.8?

If it is a 4.6 I'm calling to inquire...

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
No, they could have either engine. But the fact that it has the Sport wheels, I think this one is a 4.6L. The 3.8s would have the salad shooter 15" wheels.

Joe

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I just tried the number, and there was no answer. I let it ring more than ten times, lol.

Probably closed their time of day. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Lets see... According to Google Maps Kannapolis is 1,315 miles/19hrs. 39mins. from Dodge.

Or, I could fly there...

I wouldn't want to buy it sight unseen.

Be probably a hair south of a grand to take a test drive if I flew, dang...

I'd have from Friday after 5pm to Monday at 8am to make it back...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think I asked but I'm pretty sure it's a 4.6. Interior is tan leather with seat covers. Old man owned it. Looked good and clean inside from just peeping in the window. No cracks anywhere I could see. The number is for the NAPA store and they're closed on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Silver on tan? :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Looks like its been repainted, The bottom rear window trim looks like its been painted the same color as the body :confused:
That could be easily be changed back to black. However, the tan interior on silver... ugh. It does also bring up the quality of the paint job tho'.

'Bout the only car I like with tan interior is red, brown, and sometimes green.

Anybody ever attempt to dye the interior plastic pieces, and dash black?

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Looks like its been repainted, The bottom rear window trim looks like its been painted the same color as the body :confused:
That looks to me more like the black coating just peeled off, leaving the bare aluminum showing.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts