TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 97 LX and planning to get it to breathe better. I'm planning on getting the Mandrel Bent Tubing Kit, but for the X-pipe...should I go with the Magnaflow Tru-X pipe found here >http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/69A2672A0A0.aspx

and will that fit with the Tubing Kit? Or should I assume the shop will have to custom weld the X pipe to the pipes themselves?

If there are any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate them,

Thanks,
Andrei

·
Registered
875 Posts
Probably better flowing and may sound a bit better than the mandrel bent one. As far as being a direct fit to the mandrel pipes, i doubt it, the exhaust shop will have to make everything come together. Just make sure you order the same size inlet/outlet openings as the pipes your getting.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Just a thought... but the Magnaflow dual in/dual out muffler has an X-pipe built into it, it flows well, sounds good, and eliminates the need for two mufflers at the rear. You might look into that instead of the X-pipe itself.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I've had both Magnaflow and Flowmaster - if you want some sound, Magnaflow is the way to go. It sounded great cruising around town and at idle, but quiet at highway speeds. The flowmaster is much more noticeable, but not overbearing either. It's got a little bit of drone, but very tolerable.

Both setups were true dual 2.5" pipe. The difference - Magnaflow was midmount with no mufflers in the rear... Flowmaster has an X pipe and mufflers at the rear.

-Melon

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
<< Just a thought... but the Magnaflow dual in/dual out muffler has an X-pipe built into it, it flows well, sounds good, and eliminates the need for two mufflers at the rear. You might look into that instead of the X-pipe itself. >>

I have this same setup on my Limited Edition. Sounds great and flows well. Two hi-flow Magnaflow 94004 cats going into a mid-mounted Magnaflow 11385 and then back out to "believe-it-or-not" NAPA chrome tips that are 2 1/8 inch diameter for $13 each! 2.25 pipes all the way through. An exhaust shop will supply the pipes and bending.

Click on the pics to make them larger:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts