TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1997 Mark 8 just hit the local yard and it has a spring conversion on it.
Is this worth getting and putting those springs on my 97 Tbird. I have a set of Mark 8 LCA's.
If I put the Mark 8 aluminum LCA's on my Tbird and the springs off the 97 Mark 8 how will this effect my ride height?
Is their anything else worth getting off the 97 Mark 8?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
The engine!

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the springs from any V8 MN12 will work with a Mark VIII swap, but you'll need perches or make your own. Do a search too if you have not already.

X2 on the engine, if you can grab that at a good price go for it, you can sell it for more or future swap in the sport.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Turns out a 97 98 is an easier swap than an earlier one to a 96+ mn12, IMHO.

Except for the hood clearance thing...

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's not what I asked, I am putting the Mark 8 LCA and the springs from the Mark 8 on a 97 Tbird. What is the ride height? For those that don't know their is a Mark 8 spring conversion which this car has. So they have perches.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
You asked if there was anything else grabbing off the car .. you got your answer.

As for the ride height = your car will sit at the same height that Lincoln is at now. No we cant tell you what kind of springs they are and how much drop they have - youre the one with access to the junkyard.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I would guess they are just some kind of stock mn12 springs. I would try to get the perches out of the rear control arms for the rear springs. As long as they used something decent for spring perches, you could use it on the rear of the bird with mark lower arms. The ride height would depend on the type of perch made and used, also the weight of the car. I would only buy the front shock/spring assemblies to keep as spares if they were really cheap.
-Rob

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
If it is a spring conversion kit, those springs are not worth running. They were designed for lincoln owners, so they are a very soft ride. Your best bet would be to take the LCAs and the perches, and then pick whatever springs you want.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
The last spring conversion kit I saw on a Mark at the junkyard was a couple crooked metal pegs welded on for the upper mount, and a bolt / nut clamp contraption holding the spring to the LCA. :rolleyes:

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
That's not what I asked, I am putting the Mark 8 LCA and the springs from the Mark 8 on a 97 Tbird. What is the ride height? For those that don't know their is a Mark 8 spring conversion which this car has. So they have perches.
Well make your self more clear next time, or better yet do a search!

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SCTird, put the peace pipe down, did you miss the day in school concerning reading comprehension? YOur last post seems like the ramblings of a alcoholic having some kind of fond memory. Is you favorite movie forest gump? You write alot in you posts and have nothing of value. Do you look in a mirror and agree with yourself? I bet you do!

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mikey, I will get the perches and the isolators and forget the springs.
I have a Sport with EE rear springs do you know how my ride height will be effected?
BTW the Nark 8 are the arnott springs. The front struts not worth it either.
Only you and Guitar Maestro and a few others are the only truely intelligent individuals I have meet here. I have my T45 in my Tbird and couldn't have done it without you.
Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
I don't know how arnott's spring conversion front shocks are, but I have their air ride fronts on my MarkVIII and I don't like them. With the factory shocks, the car cornered almost as well as my 89XR7, but with the arnott fronts, it's about on par with my old 94 crown vic. That will all be fixed soon though, since I am going with eibachs and tokicos on the MarkVIII.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
SCTird, put the peace pipe down, did you miss the day in school concerning reading comprehension? YOur last post seems like the ramblings of a alcoholic having some kind of fond memory. Is you favorite movie forest gump? You write alot in you posts and have nothing of value. Do you look in a mirror and agree with yourself? I bet you do!
Make myself clear next time. Maybe you should do a search. Are you smarter than a 5 year old?
I'll tell you what, your ass will not last long around here if you're gong to act like that. We get enough of these pathetic newbie threads everyday. If you would have read the rules before posting like most educated people you would have done a search (which there is a good amount of threads on this topic) in the first place so we wouldn't have a problem. Now, if you're done throwing your **** around we can help you out!

And it's "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"

Get your **** strait before you call someone else out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts