TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a 97 mark VIII im looking for screws to take off the front license plate bracket and i cant find non, all i have are these black round tip things with what it looks like a metal rod inside em, theirs 3 of em. How do i remove these things so the bracket can come off????? any ideas???? thanks for the help.

CamellionCat
Cobra MarkVIII

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
And you'll end up with the holes in the bumper. :redmad:

I have the same "problem" with my 97 LSC. AL doesn't require front plates, and I would love to pull the bracket off, but I know that Ford doesn't sell any color matched "plugs" to plug the holes. :mad:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i bought me some toreader ford touch up paint from discount auto, its a pretty close match, so when i take off the bracket im going to close up the holes probably with the same rivets and paint them. Thats my plan, hopefully it comes out looking ok. Ill post pics when its done. Does anyone have pics of the holes?????

CamellionCat
Cobra MarkVIII

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
CamellionCat said:
ok guys i have a 97 mark VIII im looking for screws to take off the front license plate bracket and i cant find non, all i have are these black round tip things with what it looks like a metal rod inside em, theirs 3 of em. How do i remove these things so the bracket can come off????? any ideas???? thanks for the help.

CamellionCat
Cobra MarkVIII
this is what I did in my 93 Mark VIII

took off the front bumper cover (VERY easy, long as you have a helping hand). From the back side, you can use a pair of pliers to "pinch" the end of the rivits... twist them around and they will break off eventually (or just pinch them so the ends are small enough that you can pop them out). After words reinstall the bumper.

go up to Ford and buy some interior plastic push pins and some touch up paint. Scuff them up real good and paint them. Add some clearcoat and it's good to go :)

here is a pic of it when I finished... looked 10000X better IMHO

good luck

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks pretty good, that's a great idea. All though I am kind of getting used to the holes. Sh!t it has been 4+ years since I ripped that thing off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts