TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm not sure exactly what's going on because i don't have much experience, bu the engine seems to idle fine in park, but as soon as i put it in reverse or drive it starts bogging down if i rev the engine, or coast it runs fine, it only does it under light throttle. i think i've heard people say stuff like this means a clogged cat, but i'm not getting any CEL or codes... it just happened, so would i be getting a CEL yet? i have a video i took with my phone i'm uploading to youtube.

Edit here's the video
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCw4Oh0Ubhg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCw4Oh0Ubhg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit: i thought it might have something to do with my tune, so i returned it to stock and it just got worse.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
after a little more driving i got it to give me p0305 cylinder 5 misfire... so i'm guessing i should check my spark plug for that cylinder...

Edit: here's a picture of the spark plug (or at least i think that's what this is lol) and it's covered in oil... what does that mean? i have read that i may need to change my valve cover gasket?

Edit: lol i probably look retarded duh that's not the spark plug it must be the coil on plug thing... i looked down there and saw the spark plug covered in oil, but i don't have anything that will reach down there to pull it out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i replaced all my spark plugs and it now only misfires under heavy throttle and only below 4500 RPM... tomorrow i will try going to autozone and getting a new coil on plug thing...

Edit: replacing the ignition coil for cylinder 5 solved the issue :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts