TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an entire, runnable 97 Sport, with approximately 250k on the ticker that I am parting out. Engine is not for sale.

Please let me know what you are interested in, and I'll let you know what the condition is, etc. Fair warning, the interior (soft parts) is pretty hosed due to mold issues because of sun-roof leakage, however, the trans, doors, trunk lid, and exhaust system are all good.

Mods done: J-Mod on Transmission, Cobra R style rims with almost new Kuhmo tires. 2.73 gears in the rear diff. 95-style dash gauges (Odometer stopped working at about 80k), Dyno Max Cat-Back with less than 10k on it.

All glass is good, as you can see in the pics.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,727 Posts
Do all the LEDs in the taillights work? I wouldn't mind a good set of spares, depending what you want for them (if functional). I was going to ask about the cluster surround but I see you converted to the 95 style cluster. :)

Still in the Columbus area? My wife and I make regular trips down to the NW side (over by the OSU airport), for a potential pick-up.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do all the LEDs in the taillights work? I wouldn't mind a good set of spares, depending what you want for them (if functional). I was going to ask about the cluster surround but I see you converted to the 95 style cluster. :)

Still in the Columbus area? My wife and I make regular trips down to the NE side (over by the OSU airport), for a potential pick-up.
The LEDs still work in the taillights, as of the last time the system had power on them. I parked the car in 2017, and everything worked and it was still a VERY strong runner. I'm still in the Columbus area, and OSU airport area was my old stomping grounds.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,727 Posts
Sounds good. If you have a way to verify, you can PM me your price and we can go from there!

No idea why I said NE side, when the airport is on the NW side... :unsure: Over by where Kenny and Henderson intersect, more specifically.

Reactions: joshbea6

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rear deck carpet usable?
It is possible. I need to look more closely at it, but I know that there is a bunch of mold in the car due to the water issue mentioned above, so I'm not recommending anything on the interior to be worthy of saving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to sell the deck lid complete with spoiler or would you sell the spoiler alone? My 1995 is the same color, no trunk spoiler. I'd like one. And how much if you'll sell it? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to sell the deck lid complete with spoiler or would you sell the spoiler alone? My 1995 is the same color, no trunk spoiler. I'd like one. And how much if you'll sell it? Thanks!!
I would be willing to sell just the spoiler. Make me an offer, and let me know if you need it shipped.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've been looking for an intact '97 instrument cluster surround. You mentioned the interior mold, but is that piece of plastic salvageable?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been looking for an intact '97 instrument cluster surround. You mentioned the interior mold, but is that piece of plastic salvageable?
Mike,

All of the plastic parts could be salvaged and just washed. Please note, that the cluster surround that I have installed in the bird is not for the 97 cluster, but for the 95 gauges. I'm not familiar enough with the differences in the clusters to tell you if the 95 surround is the same or not. Also, many of the interior trim pieces were pulled out of a Cougar, as the previous owner liked the feel of the Cougar seats better, so they are not the normal black, they are blue.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
OK, thanks. The '95 and '97 instrument cluster surrounds are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shipping is going to kill me I’m in TX. I also don’t know what these parts are worth so apologies if I’m way off. $50 for the springs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 97 TBird and need the Header Panel, some also call it the Headlight Mounting Panel, only 96 or 97 will work.
A 94 or 95 will work supposedly of you change the hood, but my hood is fine.
I would need it shipped to the Dallas Texas Area Zip is 75087-4230, I posted a request under wanted earlier.
All I have found locally is 95 and earlier, but still looking.

Please advise if it is still available and how much, of course I expect to pay for the shipping.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I haven’t checked recently, but the header panel for the ‘97 was available in the aftermarket. I bought one for my ‘97 several years ago, because my old one was falling apart, and was satisfied with the reproduction part.

·
Registered
1997 SPORT Laser Red. Restored May of 2020.
162 Posts
I have a 97 TBird and need the Header Panel, some also call it the Headlight Mounting Panel, only 96 or 97 will work.
A 94 or 95 will work supposedly of you change the hood, but my hood is fine.
I would need it shipped to the Dallas Texas Area Zip is 75087-4230, I posted a request under wanted earlier.
All I have found locally is 95 and earlier, but still looking.

Please advise if it is still available and how much, of course I expect to pay for the shipping.
Hello, I am in Mt. Pleasant, TX and am currently pulling parts to store for another 97 I have.
I am not selling any parts--yet but I don't need the part you are looking for. Which part is it?
You can call me at nine seven two-542-6061 to see if I have the part. No charge to fellow tbird lover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I am in Mt. Pleasant, TX and am currently pulling parts to store for another 97 I have.
I am not selling any parts--yet but I don't need the part you are looking for. Which part is it?
You can call me at nine seven two-542-6061 to see if I have the part. No charge to fellow tbird lover.
Sorry, I just bought one.

I am looking for other parts; Plastic for Dash, around the Gauges and Radio, Power Antenna and possible a trunk lid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts