TCCoA Forums banner

97 Sport 4.6L Parting out - Postponed until Spring 2021... Sorry guys, life happened...

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Ericv8thunderbird 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys for delays in getting back to you with parts on my car. Life happened and I haven't been able to get anything done to pull parts on it or verify some things that others have asked for.

I will be working to part this car out in the spring of 2021.

Sorry again...

#2 · (Edited)
Do all the LEDs in the taillights work? I wouldn't mind a good set of spares, depending what you want for them (if functional). I was going to ask about the cluster surround but I see you converted to the 95 style cluster. :)

Still in the Columbus area? My wife and I make regular trips down to the NW side (over by the OSU airport), for a potential pick-up.

#3 ·
Do all the LEDs in the taillights work? I wouldn't mind a good set of spares, depending what you want for them (if functional). I was going to ask about the cluster surround but I see you converted to the 95 style cluster. :)

Still in the Columbus area? My wife and I make regular trips down to the NE side (over by the OSU airport), for a potential pick-up.
The LEDs still work in the taillights, as of the last time the system had power on them. I parked the car in 2017, and everything worked and it was still a VERY strong runner. I'm still in the Columbus area, and OSU airport area was my old stomping grounds.

#4 ·
Sounds good. If you have a way to verify, you can PM me your price and we can go from there!

No idea why I said NE side, when the airport is on the NW side... :unsure: Over by where Kenny and Henderson intersect, more specifically.

#8 ·
It is possible. I need to look more closely at it, but I know that there is a bunch of mold in the car due to the water issue mentioned above, so I'm not recommending anything on the interior to be worthy of saving.

#7 ·
The tires have only about 10k miles on them. Please make an offer.

#11 ·
I am in Columbus, Ohio, and possibly on the Valve Body.

#12 ·
I would be willing to sell just the spoiler. Make me an offer, and let me know if you need it shipped.

#14 ·
Mike,

All of the plastic parts could be salvaged and just washed. Please note, that the cluster surround that I have installed in the bird is not for the 97 cluster, but for the 95 gauges. I'm not familiar enough with the differences in the clusters to tell you if the 95 surround is the same or not. Also, many of the interior trim pieces were pulled out of a Cougar, as the previous owner liked the feel of the Cougar seats better, so they are not the normal black, they are blue.

#17 ·
I have a 97 TBird and need the Header Panel, some also call it the Headlight Mounting Panel, only 96 or 97 will work.
A 94 or 95 will work supposedly of you change the hood, but my hood is fine.
I would need it shipped to the Dallas Texas Area Zip is 75087-4230, I posted a request under wanted earlier.
All I have found locally is 95 and earlier, but still looking.

Please advise if it is still available and how much, of course I expect to pay for the shipping.

#19 ·
Hello, I am in Mt. Pleasant, TX and am currently pulling parts to store for another 97 I have.
I am not selling any parts--yet but I don't need the part you are looking for. Which part is it?
You can call me at nine seven two-542-6061 to see if I have the part. No charge to fellow tbird lover.

#18 ·
I haven’t checked recently, but the header panel for the ‘97 was available in the aftermarket. I bought one for my ‘97 several years ago, because my old one was falling apart, and was satisfied with the reproduction part.

#21 ·
I found one in the after market, they won't ship them and the closet one to me was 7 hours each way. So i have been looking, found one today through a referral from another TOCAA member.

Thanks for the advice.

Hello, I am in Mt. Pleasant, TX and am currently pulling parts to store for another 97 I have.
I am not selling any parts--yet but I don't need the part you are looking for. Which part is it?
You can call me at nine seven two-542-6061 to see if I have the part. No charge to fellow tbird lover.
I have your Information and will call you tomorrow about other parts.

#23 ·
Sorry everyone...

I haven't been able to get to this project due to life issues.

I will be able to get parts off of it starting in the spring.

Sorry for the delay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.