TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...:D

Im starting a tr3650 swap soon and so far i have gathered lots of important information from CableguyJJS3 and his helpful t45 swap thread, MadMikeyL, mechman1984 and VicRattlehead and a few others along the way!

I will have many questions as i go along, but as well as i been asked to take pics along the way as well as keep track of some of the expenses! Pics will be loaded as i go along...all i got so far is few lil things here and there off the car!

As i have talked to a few of you, my first lil speed bump is my clutch setup. My PI motor as we all know is a 6 bolt main...and i have the appropriate flywheel for it...part number: RF-F6ZR-6380-AB .

The problem resides as it can only adapt 10.5 inch clutches and i was looking forward to purchase a centerforce clutch, which all seem to be 11 inches. Do you guys have any recommendations on what i should do? stick to 10.5 and get a clutch for that... and if so what would be a good 10.5 clutch good for a PI + a vortech?...or should i buy a new flywheel and go with the centerforces? if so, id need a 6 bolt flywheel that can adapt an 11 inch setup!

Thank you all for all the help and looking forward to this swap!!!

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
flywheel is here

..and the line and quick connects...over at the shop to be trimmed a bit and fitted together...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch is in!...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Im probably doing this swap in my V8 SC and I have some questions for you, where does the shifter end up approx? Is it where its supposed to be or does it have to be relocated? what kind of tr3650 are you using? Also can you get me a measurement from the block to the hole in the floor? Im subscribing to this thread right now! Its looking good so far!!

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know yet where the shifter is going to end up as i have both of the transmissions on the ground...

It doesnt have to be relocated if you get an 05+ TR 3650 like mine (i think i got an 08) as they have a remote mounted shifter...

Im working on some ideas right now how to reinforce it and ill be posting soon!

You want a measurement from the end of crank (where pilot bearing is) to the shifter opening?

·
Registered
871 Posts
No from the block to the shifter opening on the floor, im just using the measurement to get the approx location of the shifter position, I really dont want to cut my floors up or make the shifter extention housing.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if u get a 05+ u wont be needing to cut anything...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how about the early style 3650s becasue I think the one Im getting is an early one
Those have the shifter on a top ashtray as the t-45s do!

Thats a google image i found...

and here is a 05+ tr3650

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is what im trying to mock up for the shifter so it doesnt go under any deflection while shifting as the rear of the shifter assembly mounts to the bottom of the trans tunnel and the other part connects to the top of the transmission tail as seen in above pic!

It has to be reinforced of coarse as its whimpy now but i get an idea where the rods will all go!

Below is the fitting made to adapt the mustang throw out bearing to the line connecting to the SC master cylinder.

·
Registered
476 Posts
how about the early style 3650s becasue I think the one Im getting is an early one
The"early" tr3650 is a different trasnmission, I prefer to call it a t3650 myself. The TR3650 in the 05+ mustangs is the remote shifter as Smokey said. The shifter for the TR3650 winds up perfectly in the center of the hole in the tbird tunnel. I can post a picture later today. The only issue is the center console. I am not willing to pay for the 95 Supercoupe console so I will have to make a custom one for the shift boot. Hope this helps.

Will

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The"early" tr3650 is a different trasnmission, I prefer to call it a t3650 myself. The TR3650 in the 05+ mustangs is the remote shifter as Smokey said. The shifter for the TR3650 winds up perfectly in the center of the hole in the tbird tunnel. I can post a picture later today. The only issue is the center console. I am not willing to pay for the 95 Supercoupe console so I will have to make a custom one for the shift boot. Hope this helps.

Will
Where did you mount the rubber bushing on the rear of the TR shifter that holds the whole assembly up and snug to the underneeth of the tunnel?

i did a quick measurement and from the engine to the end of the opening on the floor its about 100cm...i measured the tr3650 from bellhousing to the most end point on the shifter and its about 100cm as well...:mad:

·
Registered
476 Posts
As promised:

YOu can see the shifter comes up in the perfect spot.

Smoky
The shifter bushing bracket bolts to the two holes that were there for the auto shifter. I had to make a special bracket for that as well though.

Will

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As promised:

YOu can see the shifter comes up in the perfect spot.

Smoky
The shifter bushing bracket bolts to the two holes that were there for the auto shifter. I had to make a special bracket for that as well though.

Will
Oh ok...perfect...i believe stock bracket i have is good enought, other than the holes are two far out compared to the stock auto shifter, which will prob lead me to make one as well...

i purchased the steeda poly bushings for the shifter, and they seem to be way stiffer than the stocker ones...especially the rear one that we are talking about...

hope that helps with the deflection it might see or i will have to reinforce it from the bottom as i emailed you!

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No from the block to the shifter opening on the floor, im just using the measurement to get the approx location of the shifter position, I really dont want to cut my floors up or make the shifter extention housing.
I actually dont know what i was thinking but it measures about 100cm to the end of the opening...so it would be 100cm-(the length of that shifter opening)

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here is the fabricated line attached to the throw out bearing...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The reservoir got here, thanks to Bryce!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5190/5598509174_e8105f9625_z.jpg

Pedals are in...still have to cut the brake pedal and find its pad...clutch pedal looks like it stands up about 1.25 or so inches higher than the brake pedal...was told this is normal...

...and here is my highly engineered bump stop!

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Smoky
I did get your email. You even have the same color carpet as me. Looking good!

Will
Ok cool...let me know if you get anything figured out for the speed cal calibration...ill should be at least putting the trans up in the car this weekend if i get time!

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where are u guys getting ur custom driveshafts? so far i been quoted $500-675

1 - 20 of 81 Posts