TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have seen a pic or two here in the forum, of polished/chrome sport wheels, so yeah it can be done, I am pretty sure.
However, i personally don't like polished look on a wheel with such a big surface area - normal 5-spoke wheels may look good polished, but not a wheel with a big flat area in the middle...approaches the "too much bling" look.

Look in the "wheel pics" thread - it's in there somewhere.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Can these be polished after removing the clear coat? anyone done it?
That would be a ton of work. A truly polished wheel would have to be taken down to the bare metal and then polished. So by the time you have taken the paint off and everything - you are left with a bare aluminum finish. At this point, it is EASIER to dip them in chrome, than to polish every nook and cranny - after they have been polished, it is usually a good idea to seal them, or paint them with a Clear coat to keep the polished finish.

The difference between Chrome and Polished aluminum - hands down, a polished finish will never be as shiny or easy to take care of as a Chromed one.

No idea what the "too much bling" reference is to ( Some Rapper group from the Late 90's ) - the Flat center caps on a SC wheel ? That wheel is only 16 inches large, I think it falls far behind the "bling" status. I have these wheels on my car, in Chrome. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts