TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep Yep, much like the t-bird vs neon story my car too was recently rear-ended, the bumper cover took all of the abuse and kept laughing, the buick rivera on the other hand looked severly f-ed up. Busted grill, folds in the hood, dented bumper and sprayed coolant all over. I pulled the rear cover off today and am still shocked to see only super-ficial damage. YAY!!! But what a sickening feeling it was... my instant thought was NO... my poor baby... I get out and look feeling like I'm about to vomit, look at it and am in complete awe. Because following too close is against the law, I am not at fault, hense his car is off the road forever or something like that... yes!!! justice sweet justice. :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Here's what my bird's rump did in self defense to this poor C class being pushed into me. Notice the headlights were poked out by my exhaust tips. :diablo:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well before you all get cocky about how bullet proof these cars are...

When some stupid broad who didn't speak any english, who had just gotten her insurance binder for an insurance policy the day before, and was driving on a NJ "provisional" drivers license yet living in FL, ass-ended me the Cougar took the damage. Her new 2004 Explorer didn't show any damage. You would never know she stopped long and plowed into the stopped car in front of her.

The Cougar however folded at the crash safety creases in the rear unibody frame rails. The whole bumper and rear quarter dipped down opening up a 3/4" gap between the bumper and the bottom of the tail lights. The rear corners of the the quarter panels pulled in towards the trunk lid because the center is smooshed in a bit as well, combined with the stresses of the whole rear folding down.

Her insurance companies estimate was around $1,300 in damage and that included frame racking the car to straighten it back out. (some of that was for a new grill, front licence plate holder and adjusting the bumper brackets + paint as I bounced off the stopped car in front of me when my head snapped back and my foot came off the brake. I didn't see this one coming at all. It was a complete surprise.) Needless to say I was ticked, this was a straight accident free car until she plowed it.

None of the damage was immediately evident at the seen of the crash even though I crawled under the car and looked around for any obvious damage. It was a good half-hour later before I started noticing the extent of the damage. It was several days later that I was still noticing even more subtle damage to the rear end of the car.

That's why you ALWAYS get their drivers license, auto info, tags, VIN and and their insurance information. Luckily I did even though I didn't notice the damage at first. I was mainly concerned about my already stiffening neck at the time, not the seemingly undamaged car. Miss I-don't-need-to-learn-no-english-I-already-speak-Spanish tried to play if off through here daughter that "look see everything fines, no damage, so we can just go right!?"

No NOT RIGHT, not so eff'in quick B*tch! lol My reply was to snap a digital picture of her license plate # before she tried to drive off and flee the scene. Then I told her to pull it over off the road so we can get each others info.

Oh yea, I ended up with over $500 in medical bills for my neck injury as well. Her insurance ended up eating it on that too. Oh did I mention the b*tch wouldn't even talk to her insurance company afterwards and being as they had only issued the binder the day before they basically told me to go to hell, somethings fishy here and we'll see you in court then cut off communication with me.

I looked her address up on the local property appraisers website and she's living in a brand new house worth a couple of hundred thousand dollars so I do a drive by on it and they own nice new cars and here she is trying to stiff me! Arggg freak'in NJ b*tch who does she think she's eff'in with I grew up in Philly for christs sake see ain't getting away with this crap. I was so pissed she's lucky I didn't firebomb her damned Explorer right there in her driveway! lol

Anway I ended up having to file the claim with my insurance and pay my $250 deductible, then wait for them to subrogate the case with here insurer before I would get my deductible back! Over a year and a half later I get a call from some other insurance company I never heard of asking about the case and if it was ever settled? It seemed like here insurer had been bought out and part of the deal must have been settling all existing cases or something like that. I stonewalled the guy and took his info that I was going to turn over to my insurer to deal with but didn't get around to it for a few weeks. T then I open the mail one day and theres a check for the full amount of the estimate their roaming appraiser had done on the car! It seems after 1.5+ yrs of inaction they suddenly wanted the case settled and done with whatever the cost, yea baby!

Being the honest guy I am and not wanting to commit fraud I paid back my insurance company the amount they low balled me for and kept the rest, because that's the right thing to do and I'm such an honest guy I would never double dip an insurance claim. :)

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
2nd car nose diving his grille into the first car's bumper usually has the same results.

I'm sure it was a proud moment though.
Exactly, nothing to do with how tough these cars are. Try getting thumped hard by a high riding truck, like an Explorer, that makes bumper to bumper contact and see how well your poor lil ol' unibody car fares in the collision... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts