TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm planning on installing a lil audio system I have been sitting awaiting a home. I was big into audio before I sold it off and bought this Thunderbird. It's an amazing platform and I'd want to make my cruise just that much sweeter.
It consist of...

Jl audio 450/4 & 300/4
Rockford fosgste r500
Epicenter
Blaupunkt EQ (which I think the quality has gone down)
4 infinity ref-075tx
4 crescendo pwx 6.5
1 fi audio n2 12"

I'd like to have at least a 2500 amp on the sub but as you guys know batteries weigh rediculous amounts. That's the reason for the 500w amp for it. I have been looking into lithium batteries tho, limitless audio have a 12lb battery that is the equivalent of 2.5 type 65 Batts. Cost around 650 and in the audio game that's amaaaaazing haha!

Anyways if anybody has any question I got nothing but time homies.
The weather isn't in my favor here in LA and I need a few more odds and ends, bass knobs, power distro block bla bla. So I'll keep you guys updated.
Also I can't believe how hard it is to find somebody selling SC or sport wheels local. Nobody supports the Bird is a shame!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still need to do final wiring and install of speaker.
Side note- crescendo pwx 6.5 are too massive for these doors.

Overall I'm pretty content, I zip tied EVERYTHING muhahaha
Need fuses and placement of EQ to finish up tomorrow
Any questions hmu

Also this box is 2.5cuft which is good for my sub but bad for space and weight.
So next plans are to go Infinity baffle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,235 Posts
Nice work. I'm a big fan of Infinity speakers.

Are you going to wrap your box and controller mounting board with Polymat or equivalent?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Trunk Monkey I've never tried Infiniti tweets, I've always ran the alpine type s tweets and they never let me down even running 80rms to them haha. Good to know I didn't make a bad purchase

And no for the time being I cant because the stores aren't open to buy the carpet or glue. haha sucks but hey what can you do. I felt like wrapped my em in some Walmart fabrics tho they always have nice patterns.

·
Super Moderator
12,235 Posts
There's always online ordering. Most places have waived shipping fees in the current environment or you can use curbside pickup provided you're not in one of the states that's on complete lockdown.

Check out BestBuy.com Walmart.com or Amazon.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Trunk Monkey is that right. I might just order that stuff today, your right. The wood makes it look like it sucks. I might just use old shirts to wrap my amp boards and make beauty board for the box out of black laminated board from home Depot.

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
There's always this:

There's also this:
:)

If you add an outer trim layer, I recommend gorilla glue, as it absorbs vibration.

I build sub boxes out of layers of sonotube, with a solid plywood bottom.
It's lightweight, and minimum size for the volume of the box.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice!!
I finished up the install today and I am veeery content to say the least it sounds great. The tweeters give it a nice touch. Overall I'm very happy I just don't like the massive box, although the added weight has really helped the ride quality it handles bumps alot better.
I only took 1 picture today I'll take more tomorrow.

I had to modify the front speaker brackets to fit the crescendo pwx 6.5's. also had to massage the rear speaker holes to fit them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,235 Posts
Did you use any dynamat or other baffling to keep vibration at bay? I'm an audio purist. I don't care how loud the sound is; it just better be clean - and balanced! I hate the systems that are all bass and just shake the whole car. Bass better be tight. So many people get this wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha that was me years ago, had a 02 Gran Cherokee with 2 18" do audio BTL's and stock door speakers, was rediculous to say the least.
And no I haven't put any sounddeadner yet I'm saving up to buy 100sqft of fatmat off eBay or Amazon it's pretty cheap and good value, I've done my old mustang a couple years ago and the difference was rediculous the doors even closed better.

It actually sounds pretty clean for having PA style speakers in it, they give good midbass and it's pretty clear.
I have my tweets on a HPF at 3k and up and my 6.5's on a HPF at 700hz at up I believe. The JL Amps are also amazing I got them for a steal a while back.

And so far it doesn't vibrate as much I thought it would. Maybe it's because I have the sub facing front. Updates from my soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts