TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a 4.6 1997 ECU and Maf. I am doing a t45 swap and I am using a 2001 mustang maf and a GT ECU and i don't need these anymore.
$60 Shipped to you.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sold as I can remember me?

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I sent you a 1995 ECU and a 97 Maf, I have two 97 Maf's. The other one I am still using until I swap my trans. The 1997 ECU I am still using until I do the Swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey so when you did the swap did the ECU work properly with the car? I have a '95 that actually has an '01 GT engine swapped into it but it's running the Thunderbird MAF and ECU but I'm throwing a BBK 86mm MAF on and I plan to either chip it or get a tuner but I should have a GT ECU in order to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hey so when you did the swap did the ECU work properly with the car? I have a '95 that actually has an '01 GT engine swapped into it but it's running the Thunderbird MAF and ECU but I'm throwing a BBK 86mm MAF on and I plan to either chip it or get a tuner but I should have a GT ECU in order to get the most out of it.
With a good tune, the stock ECU should be all you need. The ECU controls much more than the engine alone, shift points, etc. If you swapped in a Mustang ECU, you'd still have to flash it to cover some of the differences, so why not just tune the one you have?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts