TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a k and n for my birthday i know its not as good as stock air intake ... But here the thing, i followed the instructions on how to install it, it sounds good and everything until i put it into drive or reverse and it dies out. And for some reason the instructions said put air temerture sensor outside by the filter... After the stalling problem went away after i put everything back to stock it works fine... I need some info on how to make my k and n work so my car dont die out again. Oh yea and the car is 4.6

·
Registered
527 Posts
shouldnt have place where its drilled already for the air temp. or is it 1 of those hot air kits where its just the filter and their half box?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its one of those that looks like cone air filter and comes with brakets and stuff. You use your same pipes and take out your airbox. Only thing you leave in is the pipe inside your fender

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Pictures would help...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Is your K&N filter perhaps oversaturated with oil? If so, it could be starving the engine.
That will also foul your MAF sensor eventually, and then you'll have problems even with the stock intake.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
yeah, the K&Ns for the 96-97 birds is nothing but a cone filter, and some brackets to hold the thing up when its attached to the stock MAF and tube. i was kind of disappointed actually, wished they would have made a whole tube for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzOfrFNcnS0

one thing i really didn't like about it was the fact that it pretty much ruins the factory cold air intake by removing the airbox. no separator wall or anything... sure you leave the breather tube down in the fender, but all the cold air coming through that is fighting with the hot engine compartment instead of going straight into the intake

make sure you have all the holes and hoses hooked back up in the intake. otherwise i cant imagine why just changing the filter would make any difference on running, it should run without a filter at all, as long as the MAF is still in place. and theirs no large vacuum leaks from the MAF to the TB. did you jostle the intake tube loose anywhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts