TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evedentally some oak tree leaves got into my wiper linkage and I have cleaned them out but now the motor won't run or move the wipers.

When I turn on the ignition, and/or start the engine the wiper motor makes a horrible noise constantly the whole time.

I think I need to replace it but am not sure how.

Does anyone possibly have any pictures to share of the wiper motor mounted in the car?

Any tips for removal and installation?

Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well I've done it before on my 89, it was fairly easy. Remove wiper arms by pulling strait up where they are pressed in. Remove screws on both cowl vent screens, carefull take them out, unbolt wiper motor and cut wires. Follow directions on new wiper motor wire diagram. And just put everything back on. Make sure you put passenger side cowl vent screen on first. While you have the cowl vent screens off you could add a cabin filter for your car, theres a hole on the passenger side you can fit a filter in. You also might want to paint your cowl vent screens if they look faded. Be careful the screens are brittle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If its any like my 89, a 95 I used for parts, and my 96, pulling the wiper assembly out as a whole is the easiest. Better access to the bolts for the motor and much easier to swap. Iirc all bolts and nuts are 8 and 10mm, then youll have to shimmy it out. Dont forget the bracket and nut that attaches it to the fire wall. I havent actaully replaced a motor, I swapped an entire cowl with wiper assembly from the previous 95 parts car into my 89 SC because I broke the complete assembly out of rage.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kevin and Wile!! It sure looks like the motor on mine is mounted weird though......I can't find a video on how to replace it.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts