TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my 97 Thunderbird to the shop because the A/C compressor was going bad. They installed a new compressor, but told me that the A/C manifold lines are bad and were leaking bad enough so that I won't be able to have any A/C. I was told that the part numbers are obsolete and there isn't anything they can do. Being this car is a daily driver and still in very good shape, I need to find a way to fix the A/C. Is there anywhere I can purchase these manifold lines, or is there a workaround? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I think the 1996 lines are still available, and you can retrofit them to the 97 I believe.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,474 Posts
I think the 1996 lines are still available, and you can retrofit them to the 97 I believe.
Nope. high pressure lines use different connections at the condenser, 96(and prior) use push lock fittings, 97s are screw in.

97-98 Mark VIII should interchange, the routing over the shock tower is slightly different but not in a way that would interfere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, not sure about this, I'll have to ask the mechanic. He only told me that they were leaking and in bad shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts