TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i read all through the tech articles. i have a 97 4r70w that i just had replaced so im pretty upset its acting up.

so first thing... the trans seems to be shifting fine. it shifts firm and when it should.

however when i put it into gear whether reverse or drive i get a buzzing noise which the tech articles said should occur in 95 and earlier valve bodies, mine is a 97? possible the trans was replaced with an older 4r70w? also when in reverse or drive i occasionally get some weird shudder or vibration when the break is applied but not once i start to get going more than just a roll.

also occasionally when putting the trans into gear and when it downshifts (not sure when shifting higher gears) i get a clanking sound like the gears are slamming into gear. its really not too loud but it def does not sound normal, again its not every time.

so with all that im not sure where i should even start. shifts fine fluid is fine so im not sure what to do. the trans being warm or not really does not seem to make a diff.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
not really good with trans's but my torque convertor did that when it was dying on my old car even though it had no shift kit

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I highly doubt it's the torque converter. I mean I JUST had a rebuilt trans put in it probably a month ago

1 - 3 of 3 Posts