TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a set of '97 truck heads on my car with PI cams. I tried to put on my aluminum intake, but on the rear passenger side of the intake...there seems to be a water jacket that isn't covered. Does this cause problems? Thanks
-Rob

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
All of the modular heads are like that on the rear of the passenger side.They use the same casting for both sides,and plug the holes for the tensioners,and other oil passages that are not used when that side faces the rear.
JL

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I looked at it closer (and in the light) and noticed that the "thermostat" hole didn't go into the block in the rear. The car seems to be a bit more powerful, although I'm still breaking it in, slips a little more in town with the Mark converter. I switched to a '97 junkyard block and didn't even think about oil pan differences. The engine came out of a Vic, Marquis...something like that and its alot taller than the Bird pan. I had to modify the engine mounts, adding washers to make it 1/2" higher so the pan wouldnt sit on the frame. I'm still working out the small bugs (small leak where I gutted the intake elbow as per J.Miller and RichardM and an A/C fitting leak), but other than that...I'm very happy with the rebuild. Aren't you rebuilding yours?
-Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts