TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my EX friend just got a buick regal gs you know the supercharged version, and says that he wanted to race me to prove that his car is better and faster than mine, he was dogging tbird 4.6's saying they are the worst v8 engines ford ever made and can't do crap with them, he used to have a 3.8 tbird and said that could beat my car and well lets just say he shut up after i proved him wrong, well he wants to go on the track with me with his regal. so guys can he beat me bad or what? don't know anything about those cars just know i've only seen grandpas and grandmas drive them around here in chilli town.

·
Registered
236 Posts
tbirdchick said:
ok my EX friend just got a buick regal gs you know the supercharged version, and says that he wanted to race me to prove that his car is better and faster than mine, he was dogging tbird 4.6's saying they are the worst v8 engines ford ever made and can't do crap with them, well he wants to go on the track with me. so guys can he beat me bad or what?
stomp a mud hole in you. :eek:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Sadly, the Buick would walk the bird :( Expect him to run mid to high 14s if he has any idea how to drive. I know quite a few people who mod those cars, the founder of Intense is a freind of mine, and they are sick. One member is doing 13.9-13.8's in his GS with only a pulley and intake.
The modular has more potential though, so there is hope! ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Any stock T-Bird, including the SCs will lose to the super charged Regals......they run 0-60 in about 6.6 to 6.8 seconds and 1/4 in the low,low 15s.....I would not try tot ake him on.......

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
Actually there was a stock 97 in my area and he could only pull 15.1-15.2's. Aren't 96 birds in that range?
Nope, Stock 4.6 birds, depending one year and gearing options, are generaly in the high 15's, low 16's.
And that guy probably couldnt get traction, or sucked at driving. What was his MPH, around 94-95?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was just checking cause i didn't have a clue about anything on that car. i just told him he shouldn't be so cocky with it just because it's supercharged, he doesn't know jack about cars. it's a nice car i do have to say, but he shouldn't be talking smack about my car like that. the kid has the attitude of a civic owner, he thinks he can beat anything no matter what car he has. haha

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
hahhah what an idiot........the gs' aent slow but they arent a corvetter or a z28.....lol.........i tohught they were a little slower then that.........i recall someone saying one time they are similar perfromance to our birds......hed prolly win......but yeah they are quick cars....i woudlnt race him

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i know for sure if he wanted to race im not racing in town, i told him we can go to national trails, only because i want to get a time for my car. i think i ticked him off when i blew his v6 bird away a while ago, oops :gapteeth: hehee

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
BlackbirdSport said:

Nope, Stock 4.6 birds, depending one year and gearing options, are generaly in the high 15's, low 16's.
And that guy probably couldnt get traction, or sucked at driving. What was his MPH, around 94-95?
He was going 92-93.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A stock 95' T-bird (From Road & Track Oct. 94')205hp/265lb-ft
0-60mph=9.2
1/4mi=16.9 @83.0mph

A stock 98' Regal GS (From Motor Trend Mar. 97') 240hp/280lb-ft
0-60=6.6
1/4mi=15.0 @92.3mph

·
Registered
224 Posts
The 1994 T-Birds can do a little better than the '95s:
From Car & Driver, October 1993, page 83, testing the new 1994 T-Bird:
0-30 - 2.9sec
0-40 - 4.3sec
0-50 - 6.0sec
0-60 - 8.1sec
0-70 - 10.5sec
0-80 - 13.4sec
0-90 - 17.4sec
0-100 - 22.7sec

1/4 mile - 16.3sec @ 87mph
Top Speed 106 mph

indiana said:
0-60mph=9.2
1/4mi=16.9 @83.0mph

A stock 98' Regal GS (From Motor Trend Mar. 97') 240hp/280lb-ft
0-60=6.6
1/4mi=15.0 @92.3mph

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
tbirdchick said:
it's a nice car i do have to say, but he shouldn't be talking smack about my car like that.
There's always the trump card: "Well, you're car is still wrong wheel drive" :D FWD sucks no matter how you slice it. I know a guy who runs 12's in a GTP, and he says its the most frightening experience of his life. He'd be in the 11's, safely, if it was RWD

Oh, and if you're itching to go to trails, they're up and running, just got back from Grudge night. $10 gets you 2-3 time trials and as many rounds of bracket eliminations as you can do. Go and anjoy your cars consistency, take home a trophy and show that foo' :tongue:

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
indiana said:
0-60mph=9.2
1/4mi=16.9 @83.0mph
Now that's just pathetic, maybe at high altitude on a hot day, if not they musta mixed numbers with a peppy 3.8L.

Alex D said:
The 1994 T-Birds can do a little better than the '95s:
Form Road and Track, October 1993, page 83, testing the new 1994 T-Bird:
0-60 - 8.1sec

1/4 mile - 16.3sec @ 87mph
Top Speed 106 mph
Dont believe everything you read! I know of a pink :tongue: stock '94 Thunderbird with nearly 100k that runs a 15.8...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Alex D said:
Any stock T-Bird, including the SCs will lose to the super charged Regals......they run 0-60 in about 6.6 to 6.8 seconds and 1/4 in the low,low 15s.....I would not try tot ake him on.......
Not my sc. Not any sc. Just remember all fwd gm products use the 4t60e transmission= horsepower robbing piece of shiit, makes any 240 hp engine feel like 150hp. Even so the car makes 240 hp and does 6.6 0-60 on a well taken care of track (in perfect conditions) doesn't mean it will do it in rural america. not to mention depending on outside air temp the GS is prone to loose power from not having an intercooler, so the car may be only making 220 hp on say a 90 degree day. These cars also have weight transfer problems, hit the gas and watch the tires scream. I'll put money on a 94-95 stock sc whooping up on this car.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
tbirdchick said:
did i forget to mention that he weighs about 300lbs, andhe can't drive worth crap. knowing him he probably run the crap out of it.
In that caese, are you sure you want to get on a track beside him? :p
Try this: "your car's fast, but you're stilll a tool" :tongue:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wouldn't run against him for competition of course i already told him that, i like cars so i want to see his car times and i want to see my car times.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't really like Road and Track either but that's from their article. I've seen other magizines with different times too. Ever magizine has different times. Hell go for it! Race him, if he's as bad of a driver as you say then you should be able to take him.:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ooops......I meant Car&Driver in my test post above.........SORRY !!

I subscribe to all major car magazines, plus motorcycle, hot rod, 4x4 and SUV magazines. All in all around 20 subscriptions.

Car & Driver consistently "wrings" the best track times out of the cars. It is really funny how all major magazines test the same cars in the same month and always Car & Driver gets the best track times out of whatever is up for testing that particular month......

indiana said:
I don't really like Road and Track either but that's from their article. I've seen other magizines with different times too. Ever magizine has different times. Hell go for it! Race him, if he's as bad of a driver as you say then you should be able to take him.:D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts