TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everybody, just found a 98 Crown Vic tranny with 5000 miles on it, (not a police interceptor) and the junkyard wants 500.00 for it. Only problem is a bent transmission pan which I can replace, besides that what parts exactly do I need to convert this to put in my Tbird? I see the rusty torque converter was tied to the bell housing already and sitting on the shelf. I could swing for the 500.00 and maybe not more than 200.00 in excess parts. Thank you all in advance.

Kenny

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I think the vic has a longer tailshaft housing which would cause issues. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Check out greenleaf for a mustang trans. I got mine for 600 shipped with the converter. No other parts needed other than the new flexplate for the smaller diameter converter. Check out some other posts you will need to swap your TCC solonoid in and repin the trans connector for the newer trans

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks timb, I'll hold up till other chimes in. These junkyards people here are not much help, I asked them more than 3 questions and after that they just ignored me and moved on to the next customers. It's like a take it or leave it. :confused:

Kenny

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Only the police interceptors have the longer tailshaft, a civilian vic tranny will work just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts