TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, help me out. I have been looking for a new intake for my car, to be used with 98 GT Heads with PI Cams. Some people say I cannot use the PI intake with my setup and others say I can. What exactly are the issues involved and can they be fixed with relative ease? I got a guy who wants to sell me an 02 intake with TB. Should I get it?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
No don't get it. You can't use it. The ports on the PI are more rectangle and the ports on Non-PI are more oval. It would work but there would be a gross misalignment of the intake ports. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could either the heads or the intake be ported to match each other?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
You could get it port matched but why? PI have more than just shape of ports. There are a lot of differences. What I would do is P&P the GT heads and use a FRPP performance intake manifold. The P&P GT heads will flow better in the high RPM range then P&P PI heads.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any idea how much those FRPP intakes COST?? Well over a Grand.... I figured port matching would be cheaper.....

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
i wish i had the pics to show the differences. just find a 96-98 mustang or tbird intake heck i know of 3 of them with a 4th on the way. they are EASY to find.

me
embalmer
blacktbird96
and soon
tydlways

we all have one

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jurgen said:
check corral.net i am sure u can find some intakes on there

Jurgen
I already got screwed enough on that forum. I mailed a guy a check and he decided to sell the intake to someone else for 10 bucks more. At least he mailed my check back.... Mailed out $220 to a guy for PI cams, still haven't heard a peep from him...So far, not a good track record....

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
i wish i had the pics to show the differences. just find a 96-98 mustang or tbird intake heck i know of 3 of them with a 4th on the way. they are EASY to find.

me
embalmer
blacktbird96
and soon
tydlways

we all have one
Strike my name from that list. I sold mine to LX-tasy last week.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Add me to that list.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Chlorine said:
Any of you PI swap guys with the intakes for sale have some 96-98 heads you want to get rid of also?
I sold my heads to Johnny Langton. Sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts