TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped a mark 8 tranny into my 95 lx and I used the speedo gear from the 98 tranny too. Is this correct? I have 3.08's in the 95, so what would the correct speedo gear be for the 98 output shaft?
-Thomas

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Use whatever speedo gear the Tbird had in it. The Mark 8 tranny should be the same as the tbird's original tranny.

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that may explain why my odometer reads 400mi when I've gone about 300mi lol.

I thought the 98 mark's all came with 3.08 gears also?

And I also thought the output shafts were different between 95 and 98?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Thomas said:
that may explain why my odometer reads 400mi when I've gone about 300mi lol.

I thought the 98 mark's all came with 3.08 gears also?

And I also thought the output shafts were different between 95 and 98?
Yep, that explains it. The output shafts are the same on Marks, but stangs got 8 tooth speedo gears while the tbirds got 7 teeth. The rear axle ratio on the mark really isnt important, if you get the output shaft and VSS teeth right the car will shift just fine.

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver95Bird said:

Yep, that explains it. The output shafts are the same on Marks, but stangs got 8 tooth speedo gears while the tbirds got 7 teeth. The rear axle ratio on the mark really isnt important, if you get the output shaft and VSS teeth right the car will shift just fine.
I asked about the rear dif on mark's because I used the speedo gear from the 98 mark. So I need to swap in the old one from my 95 tranny? They were different colors.
-Thomas

·
Registered
647 Posts
Marks have either 3.07's or 3.27's in the LSC. I don't know for sure if the Mark tranny has a 7 or 8 tooth drive gear however. My guess is that it is the same so you should use the tan driven gear if you have 3.27's. This is speculation though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts