TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Long time lurker, now looking for some advice. Just completed swapping in a 98 Mark Viii engine and trans into my daughters 67 f100. Had a tune to eliminate the egr, rear O2,s etc. as well as minor adjustments to the shift points, this was done by a reputable tuner in my area thru a SCT. Great running combination except that currently I have no speedo, and the converter seems to want to stay locked up when slowing down, or coming to a stop. It seems to do it constantly, with some times being more severe than others. It has never made the truck die, but it is annoying. The tuner told me that it's related to the VSS/no speedo issue, that the trans doesnt know that the vehicle is slowing down. He suggested that I purchase a speedo calibrater and that we could retune it. But I am still trying to figure out how to adapt the speedo cable to the VSS. I was wondering if a stand alone controller such as Baumanns US Shift might be a better route? I would like to seperate the trans from the engine anyway as far as electronics go to make tracking down any future gremlins easier. Any drawbacks to going this route?
Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance, Dave

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
Send a PM to ClintD on these forums. We swapped an EFI 5.0 into his 75 maverick, and he was able to modify the VSS so that it worked to send the signal to the ECM and also drove the speedo cable, so looking at the trans you have the speedo cable plugged into the VSS which is plugged into the trans. I don't remember exactly what he had to do to make it work like that, but I remember it wasn't very difficult and was done in under a couple hours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts