TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Quick question for you. I have found a 3.8 V6 out of a 98 Mustang. I want to replace the engine in my 1990 Tbird LX because I have a bad rod bearing. Would this engine fit properly? Would there be any compatibility problems? Would it matter if the engine came out of an Auto or 5-spd car?

Thanks!!!
Randy

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Should drop right in and run. Transmission doesn' t matter unless you're changing that too. If you're thinking of using an auto from the Mustang you probably can't without a lot of trouble than you want to go to.... Your EEC isn't programmed for transmission control and the newer transmissions are electronic. A manual would be easier but still be some work....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my car has an Auto (AOD). If this new engine came from a car with a 5-spd, will it not bolt up correctly or something? And if it came from a Auto car, don't the new mustangs use a different transmission? Will it not fit correctly then?

Thanks!
Randy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well could I just bolt on my old exhaust manifold? Or could I get some sort of headers?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The 98' engine will work just fine......... Put your Distributor, Flexplate, and stock exhaust manifolds on it and drop it in.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts