TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it even possible? If so how did you do it?

I got the airbox laying around my room for when I go to get my 02 GT Maf, but I want to put it to use now if possible. I broke my plexiglass heat sheild and don't feel like making a new one.

Thanks!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
The stock MAF doesn't use the 4 bolt flange that the airbox does. Good luck...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just took the back housing of the air box and removed it. Took a piece of card board and cut it to the correct size to replace the original housing. Reason I couldnt use the factory housing was because it wasn't deep enough to allow me to use my K&N cone filter. That's what allowed me to use this box without a more current MAF.

Won't be doing the tune until next Spring, so figured this would last me the 2 months left that I can drive it. Also cut a whole in cardboard to fit the air temp sensor into it. No, it's not air tight and it's not perfect, but it will work. Good old duct tape to the rescue.

Maybe I have been watching to many Red Green shows living up north now?!?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The key is to get a cone filter and use it in place of your factory one. Do I think the cone filter is better or not? Doesn't matter what I think, its what will work with the setup for now where a stock one will not. The cone slides right onto the MAF.

Give it a shot or just say I am nuts doesn't matter just what I am trying. Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Cardboard and duct-tape.........
You should sell this as a mod on the for sale forum. :leftright

Just kidding, I couldn't resist!!!!!
I have done some strange modifications to get by as well..
Just dont get it wet:D

Steve 4.6L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts