TCCoA Forums banner

99 GT heads

913 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Robinson 
#1 ·
do 99 GT heads work good on the thunderbird? does everything bolt up right like the intake and all that crap cause i have to have my head taken off to send them to a machine shop to get re surfaced....i need sugestion fast!!!! they are gonna start it on monday. please help me yall!!! i just need to know if they will work in place of JBL headers and still get some hp increase and sound increase. it they have them out why not do it now??

#2 ·
the 99gt heads

are a bolt on in place of your existing heads, but there are alot of parts needed, the intake from the stock heads do not work with the PI's (99+ GT Heads are designated PI), and there alot of things that need to be replaced, but the swap generally costs 1500$ in a 96-97, plus labor of course, since you have to have the old heads taken off anyway, why not go ahead and do the swap. The JBA headers bolt on to either head style, as the exhaust ports are almost identicle.

Ohh and the PI heads can give you an extra 40-60 HP over the stocks.

here's the article on the PI swap, as well as the parts lists.

<A href="http://www.tccoa.com/articles/engine/piheads.html">PI Headswap</A>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.