·
Registered
4,407 Posts
How dare you bring that garbage here!

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Suggestion for Ford:
STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING A MUSTANG!!!!

If they want something like the GT-P or the Falcons, build something like the GT-P and the Falcon. Don't bastardize a Mustang for it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
At this point, is there anyone who doesn't understand why American manufacturers are getting their arses handed to them?

-J

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
jwcalla said:
At this point, is there anyone who doesn't understand why American manufacturers are getting their arses handed to them?

-J
Actually the Fusion is a very good product and keeps getting ranked high in comparisons. The only hurdle it has to overcome is perception.

·
Registered
386 Posts
SVT2888 said:
Actually the Fusion is a very good product and keeps getting ranked high in comparisons. The only hurdle it has to overcome is perception.
You know I find the Fusion to be a reasonably decent-looking car for what it is. I mean, if I was in the market for that type of car, I wouldn't scratch it off my list. But some of these other things they come up with are monstrosities.

If they want a sporty-looking four-door with some power, just work to bring the Falcon over. Why would they ever embarrass the Mustang like that? A wagon? Maybe Ford should just make every vehicle they produce a Mustang. We could have a Mustang F-150 truck.

Truly, who comes up with these ideas??? Creativity is important but yeash some people take it too far.

This type of thing gets me all spun up.

John

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
jusst say hello to the new fox platform, they got 20+ years out of it and had 10 + cars based off of it and sold lots of them

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why not just stretch the platform and call it something else? Ford has plenty of famous four door nameplates. Heck, they could even call it the next-gen 500. It's a good platform, but why not just name it something else? Falcon, perhaps? :zdunno:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Earl said:
I bet they end up calling it something else when all is said & done, but a fast RWD sedan/wagon would be neat!
Yea, good idea....... Isn't there another American car company doing quite well by producing a 4-door sedan, a 4-door sports coupe, and a wagon, all from the same platform using different names?? :D

and they (Ford) already have a 4-door car on the same platform as the Mustang. I think its called the LS. Now if they'd just make one on that platform, plain it down from a Lincoln to a Ford and give it a good name other than Mustang it'd be a great car.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Earl said:
I bet they end up calling it something else when all is said & done, but a fast RWD sedan/wagon would be neat!

Your right, they would never due that too a legend!
Theyd probably call it a falcon.

Then again dodge did do that to a legend. :(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
How about we just change the name of every model in the Ford line to Mustang? I mean, people love Mustangs, so if you call the Freestar a Mustang, it should sell better, right?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Traveler said:
Yea, good idea....... Isn't there another American car company doing quite well by producing a 4-door sedan, a 4-door sports coupe, and a wagon, all from the same platform using different names?? :D

and they (Ford) already have a 4-door car on the same platform as the Mustang. I think its called the LS.
Chysler is doing better, not well really. And the LS and Mustang are related. The LS has IRS like every other RWD car and the 'Stang has a solid axle, you know like the Model T.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts