TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any place where I can find a bigger pin to retrofit into the hinges on the door to fix the sag. It's just an idea and may not work but I thought maybe if I could find a bigger pin and bore out the hinges slightly it would be stronger and not start sagging again in a couple years. If not, where is the cheapest place to get hinges. I can't find the hinge kit at spinningwheels-sc.com. Maybe I'm just not looking good enough.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think the F150 pin is stouter... seems there was a thread around about using those.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Check the technical articles, there is an article about using the F150 Pins

·
Registered
179 Posts
How about some kind of bushing, like they use in the rebuild kits for the early mustangs? They mustangs use a bronze bushing so there is no steel against steel wear. just a thought. does anyone have the diamete rof the pin on the later birds? i can look it up in a supply catalog and see if bushing to fit are available..

·
Registered
882 Posts
There was a post I did prob last summer, that I had posted the part numbers and the cost to fix a sagging door on a tbird I had. The cost of the parts was under 10$.

The post I had also had the sizes iirc, measured with a caliper.

The kit was 1 pin and 2 bronze bushings, it took 2 kits to do my driver's door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts