TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on the way to work today in the Tbird...

There was this guy in a new Jeep that cut right behind me and started tailgating me right before my exit on the interstate (Now, this is maybe a half of a mile after the left lane was closed for construction, so he must have pulled into the left lane after the construction to pass one or more people within that half mile).

Now my exit is right here, a simple one lane exit that only has a stop sign on a 4 lane cross road. My route is to take a right after the stop sign and quickly get into the left turn lane of this divided 4 lane road.

I exit, and he follows me, still tailgating. I start slowing a bit sooner than I usually do, because I don't trust people following that close. The stop sign clears out ahead of us, and stay to the right, preparing for my right turn. The Jeep guy pulls along side of me on my left (it happens quite often when people want to turn left at the stop sign), but he only stops for a moment and starts TURNING RIGHT. I'm thinking "What the h*ll?" so I get on the gas hard and get in front of him in the left turn lane. Now, there wasn't much room to accelerate, maybe 100 yards between the stop sign and the end of the turning lane. I'm pretty sure he didn't need to hit his brakes, since he pulled up behind me flying the double bird, and I flashed one back at him, then there was a couple seconds of gesturing trying to explain to each other why they were in the wrong, but I just took a deep breath and left him at the light when I got the green arrow.

It really annoys me when people think they are better than waiting the few seconds it would take to wait for the person in front of them. I know if I would have stopped at the sign in the middle of the exit lane, it would have accomplished the same thing, but he was driving towards the left side of the lane, so I thought he was going to turn left.

I know it would have been safer to wait for him to go, then get in right behind him, and I don't know who's fault it would have been if there would have been an accident, but I feel like I pulled a bonehead maneuver anyways.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I get pissed off when people ride in the left (passing) lane on the highway for miles, then when you go to pass them, they speed up to stay right beside you. Why? There is no logical explanation for this. The only response I have is to hit the gas and leave them in the dust, assuming the road is traffic-free. :eek:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've always found that the best way to get someone to speed up is try to pass them. Works like a charm every time.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I've always found that the best way to get someone to speed up is try to pass them. Works like a charm every time.
Yeah, they didn't do it quite so much before I painted the stripes, added the "Thunderbird XX" callout on the rear fascia ala Supercoupe and hoodscoop.....now everyone wants a piece of this. :rolleyes::tongue:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heck, I'll take a piece of that :D

I know, dumb move. I just got to get back to my zen training...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Some people just have serious road rage problems, and I notice the angriest parties tend to be the ones that know they're doing something wrong in the first place. Easiest way to deal with those jokers is to just let 'em go.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Easiest way to deal with those jokers is to just let 'em go.
True. It would seriously suck to be "teaching that jagoff a lesson" and cause a fatal accident in the process. Better safe than sorry.

However, I slow down and freely beep the horn and wave (with all the fingers, not just one) to Mr. Road Rager while I pass him as he's sitting on the side of the road later up ahead, with the Red n Blues sitting behind him. There's some satisfaction in that.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I prefer to give the thumbs down. Shows disapproval without being confrontational. I also have no trouble purposely blocking people behind me from doing something I don't like.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I prefer to give the thumbs down. Shows disapproval without being confrontational. I also have no trouble purposely blocking people behind me from doing something I don't like.
Even that, sometimes, is too much for some people. I know of some ridiculous road rage stories (I posted them once, the thread was deleted - understandably). Even something you may view as non-confrontational may tick off the other guy and lead to some terrible consequences.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I was run over in a Hanafords parking lot walking out picking up some munchies for football..

The women gassed it rather then let me cross the corsswalk puts me up on the hood of her car... proceded to get out of her car and yell and scream at me and demanding I pay for damges...

Some people...

Best part cops where called... and right in front of her the police officer said F her you should take an ambulabnce ride on her dime... (BTW she didnt have car insurance) that shur her up..

Some people are in a rush to slow down....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts