TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My a/c is blowing only warm air. The compressor clutch is not engaging, but the low side pressure gauge says the pressure is normal with the a/c set on max a/c and fan on high. I know that the pressure sensor switch will not let the clutch engage if the pressure is too low, but I’m afraid to add r134 with the gauge showing the system is adequately filled. Any advice is welcome.

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
Disconnect the connector from the low side cycling switch on the accumulator and jump it closed momentarily. Does the clutch engage?

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
Jump the connector (with AC on, obviously).

If it works, there may be a problem with the cycling switch. If you remove the switch (don't worry, there's a valve under it so you shouldn't lose refrigerant when removing it) and hook it up to compressed air, it should close when more than ~40-45 PSI is applied. If you don't hear it click and there's no continuity between the two contacts under pressure, the switch is faulty and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it to mechanic, who put the gauges on both sides. It was so low on refrigerant, that the low side cycling switch was disabling the clutch. He put vacuum on it, recharged, and, voila, we’re back in business. Clearly, there’s a leak, but that’s for later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts