TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been apart for a while as I needed to repace the heater core and A/C compressor, give the interior a supre cleaning and deal with some rust on the floorpan, so while I was at it, I replaced the entire A/C system. The instructions for the compressor said to drain the fluid in it that had to do with the manufacturing process, then fill the compressor with the proper amount of fluid and stand it on the pulley for about 20 minutes to allow the oil to seep into the seals, then rotate the pulley by hand to work the oil into the seals.

My question is, will it harm the compressor if I do the required steps, put the system back together and the car sits for another month or three before I get the car back together and take the car to have the system charged?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it won't harm. However, if you are using a new accumulator, you don't want it exposed to the moisture trapped in the system for that long.
Well crud... Not realising that, the accumulator is in the car with everything but the compressor, and the remaining "open" ends are capped off... Guess I screwed that up :(. Figured leaving it open to air would be bad, but thought that capping the ends off would prevent damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts