TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 and a 89 sc and they both have their condesors in them what I was wondering can I use one of these condensors in my 97 t-bird as a replacement

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buy One Of The Bronco 2 Condensors. They R Smaller And Will Allow More Air To The Intercooler. They Are About 100 On Ebay New. Cheaper And The Yard.
Rrs

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Even a '96 condensor won't work in a '97 (without additional matching parts). You would need the matching liquid line and compressor to condensor line. The couplers are not the same on the condensor core. several parts, including the condensor core, are different from 96-97.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankyou guys that is real intersting about the 96 and 97 condensors, I just glanced and the condesors on my 89 and 92 look to have the same placement of the inlet and outlet as my wifes 95 and well I figured I would ask because I know the r134 has thicker hoses and piping because of the higher pressure but since I was able to retrofit both the 92 sc years ago and then my 92 5.0 I figured with some modification I could make it work. with all your info though I am going back to a stock replacement and just stick with that. I never even thought of the size of the hose fittings. thanks, again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts