TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may shock GM a little with this one!lol. Couldnt find it searching but has anyone done a compressor delete on these motors? Mine doesnt work and im just wanting to take it all off. We sell a bypass pulley here at work for it but I would rather not put anything back on there. Seems I would have belt tensioner and idler pully issues to figure out the routing. Thanks!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what it was 30 dollars. It would be tricky figuring out how to do it without the bypass pulley.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks good right there! Tryin to clean my engine bay up a bit. Too much goin on with that dohc crowdin everything up. Prolly noy much but can anyone think of some things that just doesn't HAVE to be there?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im an assistant manager at Advance Auto and can check for you when i go back to work wednesday. You may have to do a pully swap onto the bracket that fits your car if anything. If theres anything you guys need me to check on for you just let me know.

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Rockauto.com carries A/C bypass pulleys. I checked and the one they spec for your car is
DORMAN Part # 34191
That's a 6-rib. He's looking for a 8-rib.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,452 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,352 Posts
If there wasn't several feet of snow on top of the usual several feet of mud at the junkyards I'd go and pull or at least verify it being 8 rib on a E series work van for ya. 34189 is for sure meant for an 8 rib E series, so unless rockauto has it listed wrong I'd be fairly certain it's what you need

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
My 1997 F-150 with the 4.6 has the 8-rib configuration. The listed Dorman Delete Pulley for it is Part Number : 34188. Hope this helps avoid any confusion. I don't see why it wouldn't work in your application.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts